Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

ASAP! Trying to complete a CD order on bum genius , sizing question

The largest size listed is large, and it says up to 30 lbs. My son is 11 months old and about 24 lbs (hasn't been to the doc in about 6 wks or little longer, and he was 23ish, so I don't know exact current weight). Is it even worth it to buy diapers that will only last till 30 lbs? Does his weight slow way down now that he's older?

If not worth it, any suggestions? I really like the AIO and I'm trying to find them on sale/clearance to give them a try during teh day, these are under $10 each....

Advertisement

Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ASAP! Trying to complete a CD order on bum genius , sizing question

The larges are actually quite large, I believe they run bigger than the OS diapers.
I have smaller kids, so I can't predict your lo's weight, but they do slow down around 1. For example, my ds was born at 6 lbs 13 oz, weighed 21 lbs at 1 year, and only 25 lbs at 2 years. Even though he was 25 lbs, he still fit into the mediums quite nicely before he potty trained (the mediums are supposed to go up to 22 lbs).
It's worth a try! Maybe someone else will chime in on how big they really fit...I know it runs big.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
loving my family
Registered Users

When mine started walking they thinned out so I would think once he starts running they should work for a while. But everybody is different so just get a few so if he does out grow them fast it won't feel like a waist...& if they do work you won't feel like you missed a good deal. At least that is my oppion on it.
They also have a great resale value if you decide to sell them later on.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
krickert
Registered Users
seller

My oldest went from medium to large diapers (or the large setting on our OS) at about 9 months. Then as she thinned out between 12-15 months, we went back to the mediums & the middle rise setting. I understand this is pretty common.
DD potty trained at 2 yrs before she was 30 lbs.
Their weight really does slow down. They start reshaping.
krickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
fawnintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The thinning out is usually significant - my ODS PL'ed before he outgrew most mediums, and was 28 pounds or so then.

As far as the BG sizing goes, my DS2 is about 20 pounds, and still fits quite comfortably in a medium. I can't imagine him needing a large for a looong time. And, even if you don't use them long, the resale value should be decent, since they're discontinued.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
DeniseH80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 9th percentile in weight and is 25lbs. He wears a large. He probably could be in a medium but I have absolutely NO ISSUES with the large size.
DeniseH80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
avafaithsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I find that the BG one size are roomy and would work for a good while. If he is walking, they really slim down when they are on the go all the time.
avafaithsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote