Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
herbalistmama
Registered Users
Formerly: alwayssushi
seller

My Mood:
WAHM testing? Pricing for testers?

Hi all, I am considering trying to do a WAHM offering here...I have purchased from many DS WAHMs and just love being able to do so...I would be honored to join your ranks!

I am an herbalist and make a fabulous first-aid salve (after three years of "perfecting" the recipe, LOL). It is great for healing all sorts of ailments, but is particularly wonderful for diaper rashes and my friends love it with cloth diapers b/c it doesn't stain. I am going to attempt to sell on hyenacart and also my blog, but am not sure I'll get much traffic.

I have had friends/family test the salve for me, but would love to get feedback from strangers...so I'd like to do a testing on the WAHM forum here. I'm wondering how I go about setting up testing, and what I should charge. I have set a retail price for my salve...how would I determine a testing price? Would I sell it for my cost?

I'd love any input and suggestions. THanks!!

Advertisement

Gabi, herbalist, future traditional midwife, homeschooling Mom to Caleb Quinn , and Aivlinn Helpmeet to Jeremiah We're a natural health, home waterbirth, on-demand BFing, CDing, co-sleeping, no-vaxing, no circ-ing, baby-wearing family! EAT REAL FOOD! Support CLEAN FOOD farmers! http://radicallynatural.com
herbalistmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WAHM testing? Pricing for testers?

Maybe you can give away sample/trial size? People LOVE and I mean LOVE free stuff so you may find more testers while keeping the cost low. Even charging $2 for first class shipping as an example could still give you a bigger audience for testing than trying to sell at cost (unless your cost would be similar in price range). Anything FREE or close to it though would be ideal IMO.