Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #11
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 35-36 weeks

My newest baby was born at 36 weeks and he only had a bit of breathing/temp issues the first day....then was fine after that... he was very sleepy and we had to make sure to wake him every 3 hours minimum to nurse. He was 7 lbs 3 oz at birth and 21"... a very big preemie for his gestational age. :-)

Advertisement

Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

So sorry- I hope you bake your baby a bit longer.

My twins were born at 35w2d at 4lbs 6 oz and 6 lbs 2 oz. Baby A born vaginally, baby B C-section (has really wide shoulders from DH!).

They spent a week in the NICU- however I think if we were in a civilian hospital, they wouldn't. The military NICU had room and they wanted to make sure their weights went back up and do the bilirubim (sp?) lights.

If you don't vax, makes sure your DH keeps telling the staff! We vax so it wasn't a big deal to us. In the NICU they just automatically vaxed them- when we went up for a feeding, I noticed the vax information on their sheets.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Blessed with 9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope you can hang in there a lil longer, every day counts!!!

As for me, my first was 6wk early and he was perfect, just jaundiced bad. Billi blankets too care of it, we both went home after 5 days. He was 5.12

My 2nd, 3rd, 4th were just 2wk early (not really preterm), they were 6.3, and 6.4 and 6.4

My 5th and 6th were 3wk early. They were 6.9 adn 6.15

My last was 6wk early and spent 2wk in NICU due to feeding issues and gaining weight along with jaundice. Other than that he was perfect. I had a amnio the day before and it came back his lungs were ready so it was not as risky. He was 6.9 (TANK) they had to weigh him twice to double check! They guessed him at 5lb!

I hope everything works out for you!!!! Depending on the staff, stick to your guns with what want as long as it's safe for babes and you!!! GOOD LUCK mama.
Blessed with 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

My Maddie was 36 wks...I was in pre term labor since about 34, with contractions and slow dilation, we thought I would make it to at elate 38, but my water broke. I had a pretty normal labor, 12 hours and 15 min of pushing. She was 6 lbs 13 ozs and 18.5 inches. The drs said the only way to know she was early was she skull was still over lapping and she had the lose skin..She breathed fine on her own, and had no other problems. SHe was in the NICU for jaundice, but we have a blood problem in the family so they all have to spend some days in there cause there levels go super high super fast.

and now maddie will be one in 20 days and is right on track for what she should be doing...never been sick and is just a calm happy kid
Old 07-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
MKS657
Registered Users

I had DS1 at 34 wks 4 days because of preeclampsia. He was born 5 lbs w/ no complications. He developed mild jaundice & was in nicu for 5 days just to bathe under the bili light & so he could get circumcized. Hes now 11 yrs old on this 7/7! I had my DD at 34 wks & 5 days. i too was in preterm labor & my ob just decided to deliver me. She was born 6 lbs 8 oz w/o complications & was able to go home the next day! Dd will be 4 on 8/3... Im expecting ds3 & hoping to make it to 35 wks so i can say ive been that far! Lol. No worries, have faith! Best of luck <3

Sent via i4 ->**And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. ~Hebrews 11:6 NLT

Last edited by MKS657; 07-04-2011 at 06:18 PM.
MKS657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
elizlind
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was born at 35 weeks (4 lbs even). It was an emergency c-section due to early labor and fetal distress and my sky rocketing blood pressure. She stayed at the hospital for about 3 weeks (I can't remember exactly). No real health issues, she was just tiny and needed to get a little bigger and stronger. Now she is 5 years old and as tall as a 7 year old.

We did have breastfeeding issues but that was the only real issue we had and I'm grateful for that. She could have been so much worse health-wise.

e
elizlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

My DD was born at exactly 35 weeks. She went home with me and weighed 6 lbs 8.5 oz. We had breastfeeding issues, some moderate jaundice, and trouble keeping her awake to eat the first month but shes perfectly healthy now.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum and yes my iPhone editor likes to play jokes too!
Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #18
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd was born at 36 weeks (my water broke on its own) and she was fine, she had some jaundice (but nothing that required photo therapy) and some trouble latching and nursing (we had to feed her with pumped milk through a syringe for a few days) but she was never had to go to the nicu and was able to come home with us after a few days. I hope that is the case for you as well.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Any update? I hope you were able to hang in there longer. My water broke at 32w5d but the drugs worked to stop my contractions and I actually had to be induced 2 weeks later at 34w5d. We did have some NICU time but did not have any health issues afterwards. They are 4 y.o. now and I don't really think of them as preemies. We also nursed until they were 2.5 years old despite DS's 6 week stint in the NICU. (It was some work to get him back on the breast when he came home though.)

Anyway hope everything is going well for you, whichever stage you are in.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

I've been on bedrest, and I made it to 37 weeks and counting! I'm currently fully effaced, 4cm and station +1, at this point my goal is two more weeks. I think we can do it.