Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
mamabear25
Registered Users
seller

Potty Regression- Normal?

I really need some advice, because I'm not sure how to handle this situation. My DD, now 2.5, took to the potty quite well. She's been in panties now for several months. No real accidents to speak of- maybe a little dampness when we just didn't make it in time. Pretty much dry at night- a few accidents here and there.

As of late, she basically refuses to potty. I have to take her first thing in the morning (She'll say no she doesn't have to go and will wet herself if I didn't sit her on the potty). Sometimes she'll go on her own accord during the day, but not typically. If I suggest, it's an automatic NO.

I don't want to force her to go, but she will hold it forever- and I know that's not good either. We change panties almost every potty time now, and she's had several full on accidents during the day (and at night).

Is this just a phase- or is there something I can do to help her out that I'm not thinking of? I'm def. going to put the panties away for a bit and get some trainers so we don't have accidents on the carpet.

Advertisement

mamabear25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty Regression- Normal?

It could definitely be a phase. My DD did this a couple months ago (so right around 2.5) and it lasted about a month or so. Have you had any major changes in your life? Moved? Babies? New jobs? Stressers like these can cause newly trained kids to regress too. Just keep being calm about it and taking her when you think she needs to go. It may help to set a timer for every hour or so and when it goes off make it fun potty time! Do a little cheer and dance your way into the potty
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

My youngest did the same thing. We went back to nothing on her bottom for awhile until she stopped.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

My ods did this exact thing when he was around 2.5 Now he'll be 3 in a few weeks and he's starting to use the potty again. I gave up and let him wear diapers at night and pull ups during the day and never asked him to go potty. Partly because I was upset and got tired of arguing with him EVERY TIME! So I stopped trying (probably a little pushing) and just let him do it. The last 3 weeks or so he's been super good about going potty. It's a phase!

ETA: we did go back to not wearing anything too like pp said. That kind of helped too I think.

Last edited by Crew&West; 07-15-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote