Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Angel89411
Banned

Exercise and supply

I have been too sore to really do much (or any, really) in the way of exercise this pregnancy. I keep telling myself that after I recover from birth that I will try some. I don't run or do anything heavy. Just light cardio, sit-ups and stuff. This wouldn't affect my milk would it? ''Cuz I'd honestly rather be flabby and producing than fit and struggling.

Advertisement

Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Exercise and supply

Exercise had no ill effect on my supply. I go to the gym 5 days a week; 3 days of weight lifting and 2 days of intense cardio

ETA: I did ease into my workout routine gradually. The first 4 weeks (before I was cleared by my doc), I just took the kids out for a walk daily. After I was cleared for exercise, I began going to the gym 3 days a week and doing light weights and short amounts on the eliptical/treadmill. I worked up to 5 days a week, which is where I am now.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

Last edited by THBVsMama; 07-17-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: ETA
THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama
Exercise had no ill effect on my supply. I go to the gym 5 days a week; 3 days of weight lifting and 2 days of intense cardio

ETA: I did ease into my workout routine gradually. The first 4 weeks (before I was cleared by my doc), I just took the kids out for a walk daily. After I was cleared for exercise, I began going to the gym 3 days a week and doing light weights and short amounts on the eliptical/treadmill. I worked up to 5 days a week, which is where I am now.
Good to hear. I'd rather have good supply but if I can manage good supply and some toning, that'd be great.

Please excuse my typos. My phone thinks it knows what I am trying to say better than I do.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I saw a decrease in my excess if I exercised over an hour a day (cardio and weights). I had an oversupply, so what Extra i was pumping decreased to a normal amount, and would come right back if I went a few days without exercising as much.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Exercise and supply

I haven't noticed any decrease in supply with rigorous exercise. I work out pretty hard, too.

Kellymom says dieting and exercise are fine.

Quote:
Does exercise affect milk supply or nutrient content?

No. Studies have shown no difference in the volume or composition of the milk or babies' weight gain. One study showed a slight increase in milk supply for the women who exercised regularly, but because of the small size of the study this increase may not be significant.
http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/mom-exercise.html