Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crying while BFing:(

There's supposed to be a position that helps for when your let down is too powerful for the baby. Its called reverse something. Ugh, can't think of it. But the concept is that you use gravity to slow the flow. I'll try to find an article or something.

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #12
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

maybe the milk is coming out too fast? i had oversupply and a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance when dd was 3 mo and it caused her to reflux, have runny green poop and very gassy and fussy. once i cut down on pumping to lower my supply a little it got better bc she was getting more hindmilk.
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
vwcabbymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am dealing with the exact same thing with ds and i just cut out dairy to see if that helps, but I miss cheese already:P
Old 08-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
Laina83
Registered Users

My Mood:
My dd does this for my right side but not the left and I think its due to the right being super active. She gets squirted regularly because the pressure is so high. I pump and she will then nurse fine sometimes. I tried block nursing and it didn't help slow production. I'd try pumping a bit then try nursing or give block nursing a go (maybe it'll work for you?). I did read that it can take a while for dairy to work out of your system plus I have known of people becoming lactose intollerant after not consuming dairy for long periods of time. Good luck!
Laina83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
Rshepard07
Registered Users

I had a really fast letdown also, I would let DD nurse till I started to feel my milk coming in, unlatch DD and let the milk go into a burp cloth till it slowed, took about 30 seconds, then let her re latch. This really helped with the gassy.
Caffeine and dairy in your diet could be bothering her too, but first I'd try just getting past the first letdown and see how she does.
Rshepard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm right there with ya. DS had dairy issues, so we are going to be dairy free again starting tomorrow.

I know I have overactive letdown, but I just feel like there's more to it than fixing that (I block feed, take her off with letdown/when she chokes....and it's not getting better).

When you cut out dairy, it takes about 2 weeks to be out of your system, and can take an additional 2 weeks to get out of baby's system. Some people only have to take out obvious dairy (cheese, ice cream, milk, sour cream, etc) and that helps. You could try that first. Some people need to take out all dairy (it's hidden in a lot of things!).

Good luck! Whether you cut out dairy or not, I hope Olivia feels better soon!
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #17
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho
There's supposed to be a position that helps for when your let down is too powerful for the baby. Its called reverse something. Ugh, can't think of it. But the concept is that you use gravity to slow the flow. I'll try to find an article or something.
What I've read is that you prop them up so that their head is a little higher than your breast. So then gravity slows the flow, and the baby is more in charge of how much milk they get. I'm able to do it with my boppy pillow. Good luck!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote