Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: new mom Losing diaper!

There are lots of cd people who use sposies over night because that's what works best. As for the stinkies I'll bet you have hard water. I'll let someone else help you with that. I have a water softener and am now twice as happy with that purchase since I bought my house. Didn't realize it made such a difference in cd.

Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
My Mood:

Did you read the giant thread about detergents? (written by Alioop)

I think you need to tweak your wash routine to get those diapers clean! Try a different detergent.... some mamas could never get RnG to work for them.
Mama to 2 munchkins, loving wife to P , who supports me in all I do.
Thirsties, Niji cotton, wool wrap, Imse Vimse
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
Registered Users

Okay, here are my thoughts

1) Just try it for overnights. What's the worst that can happen? I use Flip organics. Other things that have worked are a flat or prefold with Hemp Babies doublers or a JoeyBunz and a flat. Wool is great for nights as well.
2) The ammonia means bacteria. The diapers are not clean, thus the bacteria being activated when she wets. This is just my opinion but RnG fools just too many people into thinking they are doing something wrong. I would ditch it and try something else. Tide, Gain, All, Purex, Arm and Hammer, Dropps, Eco Sprouts, BabyGanics, Cheer, Sun etc. Sooo I would strip (a little bleach and lots of rinses) and then try another detergent and enough of it.
3) They may just not be a good fit on her. It's okay if they aren't. There are lots of other options. Are the red marks bothering her?
4)They may not fit. I like infants for trifolding in pockets but they are just not wide enough for very long. Flats would be easier for that in the way that you can customize the rise and the "wings".
Married to my soulmate Chris since 2004 Mama to big boy D 8/12/06, Big Girl M 3/7/10 and my sweet new boy E 9/10/12!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Registered Users

Yep, sounds like hard water from what I have read from others on here. We had lots of problems from about 4 months to about 10 months, mostly with leaks and overnight. Also, we have the same problem with FBOS.

After trying A TON of different brands, inserts, etc., and being really frustrated with leaks (especially when family was like, oh you would not have that with sposies) we ended up finding that BGOS worked best for us. We started using those for overnight and they work most of the time. We now have TWO heavy wetters, but I know just to add some extra inserts if it has been two or three hours and the dipe isn't very wet. The triple-stuffed BGOS work for about 10-11 hours most nights, unless LO gets thirsty and has water or milk in the middle of the night. He soaks through sposies in no time, even the overnight 12-hour guaranteed ones.

Because they are both heavy wetters, we know we aren't going to get anything that trim. I know some mamas can, but we just have fluffy bums! HTH!
Baby #3 due September 2015!
Check out my hand engraved and handmade jewelry:
ahenson is offline   Reply With Quote