Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

????

Not sure what's going on. Little background first. DD is 4 weeks old but was 8 weeks premature. We have only been EBF x1 week since she came home from the NICU, prior to that i was pumping every 2 hours and breastfeeding 1-2 times per day. DD has been nursing more frequently and for extended periods for the past 2 days, I still pump 3-4 times a day per lc recommendation since we use a shield. The amount I pump has decreased by 1/3 over the past two days. Could thus be because my supply is trying to catch up with her demand or could there be a problem with my supply? I know she's still getting plenty at each session as she is having plenty of wet diapers. Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe she's going thru a growth spurt and just catching up to your supply. Do you plan on weaning off the shield?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Chagen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ????

I agree with PP. She is probably eating more thus you are getting less while pumping. I had a 32 weeker with a NICU stay last year. Getting him transitioned to the breast was rough to say the least. If you have any questions or need to vent PM me
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are working on weaning, sometimes she does great without the shield but no on a consistent basis. Pumping this evening I did get more, closer to what I was getting. Even after we wean off the shield I will still pump several times a day so that I will have an awesome freezer supply when I go back to work. DH says we are going to have to get yet another freezer if I keep pumping, I've almost filled the one in out kitchen lol!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
SereneSoldier
Registered Users
seller

Re: ????

If you plan on giving her expressed bm and she is exclusively breastfed...ur stash will be used up for sure! I had a big stash and she went through it super quick when I would leave her for a few hours with my mom at 6 and 7 months old. you are doing a super job mama congrats! BFing is HARD work either because it comes with difficulties or to the lucky ones like me who have had an wonderful experience-it is all just the more exhausting! You could be regulating. I regulated after 6 months and I pumped as much as you did for that long and then tapered off. Even now, I have no idea how much Id make but over a month ago I know my strong boob could pump close to 4oz in 5 minutes and my weak boob 1oz in 20 min and that was very 3 hours so I shouldnt be too far off because during that time I was dd-less for a day and a half. DD nurses constantly and im with her again so have non eed to pump and honestly, Im afraid because idk if I will get much. My boobs dont feel as big as before but then again it could be because shes so quick at emptying them. You can PM me too if you have any concerns or troubles mama
SereneSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemama23
DH says we are going to have to get yet another freezer if I keep pumping, I've almost filled the one in out kitchen lol!
LOL yeah I can say I don't buy as much from Sams at one time.

Sent from my HTC HD...my phone is to thank for typos.