Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am i a crazy person?

Sounds great! Lots of crafty mamas make their own diapers, and flats are very versatile and fun. I say go for it!

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DO IT!!! I was hesitant at first also but we purchased everything on a credit card and are making payments equal to what sposies would cost each month. We are half paid off. Yay then no more monthly cost for dipes.

Also my dh said cloth was all me... yeah right he is changing dipes and even doing laundry now.

Good luck! There is a ton of support on here... use it to your advantage if you need help.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

If the flats/prefolds with covers don't work out for you, don't give up! I used most of my diaper budget to buy one size and only got a few smalls and was planning on using mostly prefolds the first month. Well DH hated prefolds, and I had a hard time with them. So we used the few smalls we had (and sposies) until her OS pockets fit her at 4 weeks. She is now 6 weeks are we are finally using cloth full time!!!

Like PP said once you are pregnant buy like 2-3 diapers a month. Set a budget for yourself too! Mine was $400 and with that I got alllllll the diapers I should need for all of our kids
Old 07-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
Lacemonster
Registered Users
seller

Yeah I'm sure I'll give in a buy some other diapers too. Once I get knocked up I know I'll go baby shopping crazy and some of that will be focused on diapers. We've got a lil one who just turned three and we still have most of the baby stuff left over from him, so I won't really have anywhere else to throw the money! Thanks for all the input and encouragement everyone!
Lacemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of mamas buy a newborn diaper here and there before the baby is conceived, and slowly build up a newborn and size small stash over time. I think that's a good idea, if you are kind of daunted by the initial start up costs.

Good luck!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #16
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacemonster
Oh yeah, the penguin..stuffed I don't know how any sort of diaper would fit on a real one. That would be super fun.
I've worked with penguins...trust me when I say it would NOT be fun!

~Rachel