Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
geminimama61709
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why??????????

For me, flats and pfs are the most adjustable and the easiest to clean. We use fitteds mostly at night when extra absorbency is needed.
We do have days where we just lay a flat or PF in a cover now that DS is 2 - but he's been CD'd from birth- that newborn breast milk poop is no match for an insert laid in a cover- and believe me, we tried!

I like to have variety, so we really do have one of almost every type of diaper in this house. It keeps it interesting!

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why??????????

i think GMD makes the best, are you sure you prepped yours fully? it makes a difference. That being said, i hear you on trim-ness. i was a trim nazi for quite a while. i often used a joeybunz insert in a grovia shell, it was suuuuper trim, but almost always ended up with poop on the cover in the ebf stages. i still used it when i wanted something super trim, i just knew i would kind of have to treat it like an AIO and wash the whole thing rather than just replace the joeybunz. i LOVE gmd flats, there are so many good ways to fold them and i think i can get them more trim and more absorbent where i need it than with prefolds...