Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:
Question If you wash in a laundromat ..

please give me your tips , tricks and advice our washer is out of comission , so I am thinking of just using the PF and using bleach every load since we are using a public washer .. what other tricks --
*what is your routine ?
*what detergent do you use ?
*how many do you wash at a time ?
TIA

Advertisement

crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you wash in a laundromat ..

Honestly I would handwash. I did our clothes at a laundromat once when we had washer issues and you would NOT believe the suds. Those washers have horrible buildup.
If you do use the machines I would use the top loaders, not the front loaders and be sure to check for any gum, ink, crayons, rubber, etc both in the washer drum and the dryer drum. Ruined some very expensive clothes like that.

I washed diapers in the sink on an internation trip once and MUCH prefer that to laundromat.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, stear clear from the fl'ers. I had to do it every winter for 2 yrs. Yes, they have horrid buildup in them! The tl'ers are easy. You can just lift the lid and let them soak when you add the bleach as well. It won't be bad, you can do it hun!
I was using liquid arm and hammer at the time and washed about 16 or so dipes. I allways tried to follow up with a second wash with nothing in it. It was imposible sometimes as we just didn't have the money! I do dipes every other day now, but when going there, I was washing about every 4-5 days. We just didn't have the gas to run to town. That was a suckey time! If you come across any more specific questions, feel free to ask!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it's just prefolds I would try a wetpail. I do this occasionally with a paint bucket with a lid from Home Depot. Can you rinse them all thoroughly in the tub then drop them in the bucket with some bac-out? Then on wash day I would do one hot cycle with Tide powder and a touch of bleach. Extra rinse if you can swing it or short cycle no detergent. Then all in the dryer. If it's anything less than large capacity I would not wash more than 18-20 at a time in the TL.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

we are actually gonna replace the washer asap and i can still wash cloth here just need to not overload the washer for any loads thanks for all the tips ,
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote