Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
ashgirl4161
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm Desperate Advice Please!!!

Thank you all soooooo much for all the advice and help!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #12
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimama View Post
Do you have a snappi or pins still? You could use the receiving blankets and even some kitchen towels as flats. Search for some threads on flat folds.
I tried this, only I stuffed them into my pockets and even though it does work and absorbs well, my ds is soooo sensitive that he developed red patches and what looked like large sores within 18hrs of doing this. I was changing him every hour and a half and this took place! It took 3 days of slathering Desitin and Pampers Sensitive sposies (the only sposies ds can tolerate and only short-term) and extra air-time after baths to clear it up. DS never cried or grumbled but I felt sooooo guilty and rotten. I'll never do it again.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried T-shirt fitteds with a cover? Kawaii PUL covers are pretty cheap and I have a good friend who LOVES them. Fleece covers are pretty cheap to come by and if you can sew, you could recycle wool sweaters from any local thrift store or salvation army store.

OR: Have you tried Pampers Sensitive sposies? Not my favorite option but they are the ONLY sposies my son can tolerate. If they work for you, you can easily return any unopened packages of the other sposies you still have to your closest Walmart without a receipt. They will issue store credit in the form of a gc that you can use for the Pampers Sensitive. I had to do this with all the Huggies we rcv'd at my baby shower bc I didn't have gift receipts.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another idea would be to sell the diapers on CL, then use that money for some flour sack towels at Sams or Target. They are about $1 each. And some Econobum covers from cottonbabies. They have seconds sales frequently and you can get a cover for $4 or $5.