Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #11
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another one of those threads! Laundry help please!

I definitely think you're on the right track that your LO has a sensitivity to Tide. I think the reason you're getting stink with RnG is because it's just not getting your diapers clean. Period. I'd strip your diapers first, and then try a different detergent. Watch out with Charlies.... some kiddos are sensitive to it.

In general, I'd say with the hard water, don't be afraid to use more detergent (with the highest water setting), and then add more rinses to wash all the detergent out. We also use vinegar in the prewash, and baking soda in the main wash (we also have hard water). some mamas also use Calgon as an additive.

I'm no help with detergent choices because we use Biokleen liquid, which apparently is bad for pocket diapers (we dont' use pockets, so it doesn't matter to us).

Advertisement

SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #12
Best Green Things
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I just did a search of Charlies' vs RG and found a couple other posts about stink with RG, so maybe they are different. We tried Allens before Charlies, and charlies was definitely better at getting things clean, but I couldn't tell you the chemical difference. If you were local or if you buy anything in my store I'll give you a sample pack - bestgreethings. net
Best Green Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #13
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sounds like maybe your baby is sensitive to the Enzymes in Tide. Dropps free and clear is what we are using now and we get no rash and mostly no stink but the night dipes have started to smell more so I am still looking.

We get a rash with Tide as well so I am trying to find a detergent with no Enzymes. I have an HE FL so my choices are limited.

Im looking into All free and clear small and mighty and I just looked it up online and apparently ECOS free and clear is available in my Walmart. I have never seen it there so I am going to go look.

I like the dropps but the premeasured drives me crazy and I think that is why we have stink issues with the night diapers. I can't get the amount right.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleleaf View Post
I definitely think you're on the right track that your LO has a sensitivity to Tide. I think the reason you're getting stink with RnG is because it's just not getting your diapers clean. Period. I'd strip your diapers first, and then try a different detergent. Watch out with Charlies.... some kiddos are sensitive to it.

In general, I'd say with the hard water, don't be afraid to use more detergent (with the highest water setting), and then add more rinses to wash all the detergent out. We also use vinegar in the prewash, and baking soda in the main wash (we also have hard water). some mamas also use Calgon as an additive.

I'm no help with detergent choices because we use Biokleen liquid, which apparently is bad for pocket diapers (we dont' use pockets, so it doesn't matter to us).
I went ahead and bought the dropps to try, and I'll strip everything before doing a wash. I think you are right that the Rockin Green isn't getting the diapers clean I'm not going to even try Charlies because like you are saying, some kids are sensitive too it and I'd rather not take that risk. Why is Biokllen bad for pockets, do you know? We rarely use the pockets. Where do you get the Biokleen also?

Mummytololo, I'll keep Cheer in mind, though it seems it is the enzymes in Tide DD is reacting too, so I'm not sure it would work for us. Let me know though how it works for you once you start using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
sounds like maybe your baby is sensitive to the Enzymes in Tide. Dropps free and clear is what we are using now and we get no rash and mostly no stink but the night dipes have started to smell more so I am still looking.

We get a rash with Tide as well so I am trying to find a detergent with no Enzymes. I have an HE FL so my choices are limited.

Im looking into All free and clear small and mighty and I just looked it up online and apparently ECOS free and clear is available in my Walmart. I have never seen it there so I am going to go look.

I like the dropps but the premeasured drives me crazy and I think that is why we have stink issues with the night diapers. I can't get the amount right.
Yeah, I am thinking it is the enzymes at this point Is All f&c small and mighty free of enzymes?? If you give it a try let me know how it works for you! I've seen ECOS at Walmart now and them, but not consistently, is it supposedd to be good?

I am really hoping the Dropps works for us. My washer is a portable top loader, so here's hoping!

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope you can get this worked out, mama.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #16
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874 View Post
I went ahead and bought the dropps to try, and I'll strip everything before doing a wash. I think you are right that the Rockin Green isn't getting the diapers clean I'm not going to even try Charlies because like you are saying, some kids are sensitive too it and I'd rather not take that risk. Why is Biokllen bad for pockets, do you know? We rarely use the pockets. Where do you get the Biokleen also?
I hope the Dropps works for you! I just read on some CD retail site that they got repelling on pockets using the Biokleen. I get mine from drugstore.com. We've never had repelling on any of our diapers, FWIW.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote