Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #11
Bekahall
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: diaper rash from sposies * cry*

Poor Guy! I would let him wear prefolds without a cover. When Caleb has a really bad rash, the only cream that works is "Triple Butt paste" I just put a liner in the diapers. I use Kushi Disposable liners. Works really well.

Advertisement

Bekahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #12
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

If his stools are loose, put mylanta or milk of magnesia on his bumm-thin later is fine. let it dry, then put hydrocortizone and or neosporine on, the cover in a thick layer of zinc, desitine original has the highest % pf zince in prepared creams, but straight zinc is available from the pharmasist. This will clear his bumm right up very quickly! Use sposies til you stop using desitin or use fleece-though I find they will shift around inside the dipe so I would use sposies.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
alyssasmommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When Alyssa gets a rash like that the only thing that helps her is Desitin original and I use sposies till she's healed. she has had rashes where her butt and pp is beat red and i have put this on her and by the next change she's fine. try it... it's like a miracle... but you can't use it with sposies w/o a liner or your diapers will stink.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #14
thestafs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my 11 mo boy gets horrible rashes to the point it bleeds... my dr told me maalox and let it dry and then goop on the vaseline. within a day or 2 he is back to a happy tushie!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
ellismommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

If it's really raw I'm going with the other lady that said food allergy. Look into Dairy, Wheat, or just too much acidic juice/food. My finding is that it's usually milk! If it's yeast you can also do yogurt although that is extremely messy. Make sure you keep a watch on it, Lincoln got a yeast infection and it turned into Staph!! It happens really fast so just be careful

Loving being Cameron's wife , and a SAHM to Rylee Lauren (3) & Lincoln Noah (11 months)
ellismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #16
jessie_25
Registered Users

My Mood:

it may be an allergey. but we dont really have problems when he is at our house, but we eat alot of normal non processed food.... his father on the other hand is all about kraft dinner and hotdogs so it might just be because of the huge shift in diet.
it just makes me so sad to see his poor bum...breaks my heart, but he is such a good sport
Expecting # 3 May 2012
jessie_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #17
valerieca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor little guy......maybe you need to start packing healthy foods for him to eat when he's at his fathers....that's got to be hard on his little system to eat nothing but junk over there......
Old 06-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #18
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Poor little guy.

You've gotten great advice for the rash and maybe this is none of my business, but do you think you should document this? Maybe have him checked by the doc incase it becomes a pattern? Goes to dads get horrible raw rash. In case it is from leaving him in messy or saturated diapers for too long.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 AM   #19
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madison06 View Post
The diaper rash is probably from Kevin not changing him often enough! LOL! When Maddie's got a bad rash, I use 'sposies for about a day, and slather Boudreaux's Butt Paste all over her hiney and put some baby powder on top of the cream. That seems to clear her right up. I think there is a WAHM on here that sells safe diaper rash stuff, though. Or maybe it's Northern Essence? Help me out here, Mamas!