Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
18 months today, and almost potty-trained :)

Yay! Thanks to EC I can honestly say that my daughter is almost potty-trained. I lost my job a few weeks ago, so we've been doing EC pretty seriously since then. We have been doing it since she was about a week old, and have generally done well since then. There were a few potty pauses, but nothing that lasted more than a week or two. She didn't start walking until she was 13.5 months, so I didn't even attempt to do panties until after she was able to walk pretty well.

In the last two weeks she has really started to communicate to me (other than her cues) that she needs to go to the potty. She usually says 'no' if I ask her if she has to go, but she still starts to walk to the potty. And daddy can ask her if she needs to go, and she will nod and say 'potty', and do the potty sign! I have her in panties most of the time now. Nights are 50/50. Sometimes she wakes up dry in the morning, and sometimes not. She has never been willing to wake up an go to the potty, though, so I guess I'll just take what I can get.

But I'm super excited about being almost done with diapers for her! Now I can focus on figuring out what I have an will need for the next baby in March

Advertisement