Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:
Sleeping....

So DS3 is 10 days old today. He is a great nurser during the day. He nurses about ever 1.5-2hrs. He weighed 8.5lbs when he was born. Dropped to 7lbs 7oz at 4 days and was back up to 8lbs 2oz by 1 week.

My "problem" is that he likes to sleep. During the day he will wake for a feeding but at night he will sleep right through. I was told to wake him every 3 hrs but that doesnt do much. He just nurses for about 2 seconds and is back asleep. We cosleep so I dont know if that has much to do with it.

Right now he is nursing about 1 time in the middle of the night. I normally nurse him at about 11:30 right before we go to bed and then he wakes (himself) between 4 and 5am.

Should I wake him between that time? Or just let him sleep? I didnt have this problem with my others they woke like clockwork every 3 hrs to eat no matter what. DS3 just really likes to sleep.

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow! I wish mine was sleeping like that now and he's 4 months! My personal rule is I won't wake a baby at night to feed but I will wake them during the day, not letting them go more than 3 hours during the day, especially at that age. I would use weight gain and wet/dirty dipes to be your guide. Your supply will regulate to his needs. I would enjoy the sleep as long as he's gaining and messing diapers! Congrats on the newbie! I sort of miss that stage already. It goes so fast!