Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #21
branman1986
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My bumGenius seconds are repelling like crazy

Yeah, I washed them again, then I used very, very, very hot water and dawn and hand washed them all, then hand rinsed, then rinsed 4 times in the washer, then dried. So I'm pretty sure there's no residue on them. And the water still beads up...maybe not as markedly so, but still repels, so I'm guessing it's by design and they need to have some pressure to let the water through. Still a strange design if that's so.

I'm going to try to put them on a little tighter tonight and see what happens. I'm such a newbie, I thought that he was too hot and sweating like crazy at night because his back would be soaking wet. Also, regarding the fit, he is really long and skinny like his daddy, and I feel like I can't rachet em down as tight as I'd like w/o messing with his umbilical stump.

Advertisement

Last edited by branman1986; 07-23-2011 at 07:54 PM.
branman1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #22
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations on your new little one!! I agree with Ruthie, I think it could be lack of chub since he's so new. When you put the diaper on, make sure the inner leg casing of the diaper is in-between his leg and groin so that there is no gap. Sometimes it helps to pull the diaper up a little too and then make sure it's snug around his waist (or below his belly button if the cord is still attached). I hope they work out for you!

Last edited by el's mama; 07-23-2011 at 07:55 PM.
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #23
jennak
Registered Users
seller

I don't know, I've always had to prep my microfiber!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #24
pcjs
Registered Users

I have mostly 2nds and have no issues with them. You do have to prep them or just be prepared that they will leak the first handful of times. I usually wash them 5-6 times and dryer dry them (normally I line dry) to get everything set. Sometimes if I have a few I don't bother with that many and if they leak they leak. They get better with age/use. No need to strip as stripping is for smell or detergents and if they are new that isn't the issue. You can throw them in with towels and other stuff too to make it more cost effective but do wash in hot.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #25
branman1986
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just wanted to update...after doing the hot water wash with Dawn and the multiple rinses by hand and the machine, plus tightening them up on his legs a little bit, we haven't had another leak so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
Mama2LilBit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by branman1986 View Post
Just wanted to update...after doing the hot water wash with Dawn and the multiple rinses by hand and the machine, plus tightening them up on his legs a little bit, we haven't had another leak so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Great to hear that and congrats on your new baby!
Mama2LilBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Mine are leaking too. I've washed them 3 times each and did a boat load of rinses and they are leaking. When I take it off him, the urine that is inside is just sitting on top of the fabric.

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #28
branman1986
Registered Users

My Mood:

Luvmykiddoes, I did a near-boil with some Dawn, then handwashed them all(and nearly burnt my fingers), then handrinsed like crazy, then ran through the spin only cycle on my HE FL four times to rinse and it seems to have helped. Water still beads up a little, but nothing like it did before.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #29
greenMamaOwl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
You might need to strip them. I like using Sport Wash to do this. It is less harsh than Dawn and only requires one extra rinse. You can find it at Walmart or a local sporting goods store. A few cd stores carry it. If you would like a direct link to it pm me.
^^I was going to suggest stripping, too! I had to do that to mine! Good luck, hope the problem gets resolved soon, Mama!
greenMamaOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #30
greenMamaOwl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by branman1986 View Post
Just saw your updated.

That's good to hear! I'm sure they'll get more absorbent, and have less repelling, as you wash them more. Fingers crossed that they do!
greenMamaOwl is offline   Reply With Quote