Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Users
Newborn Sandies

Do they have a dip for the umbilical cord? Which are better fitteds for a newborn - Sandys or KLO?

chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Newborn Sandies

Sandies do not have the fold/snap down. KL0s do. I did not CD my newest right from birth. I waited a couple weeks for my desire to CD came back. So, by week 3, he was too big for the KL0s (about 10 lbs then). But the Sandies fit fine. Also, his umbilical stump had already fallen off by that time.
Sorry I could not be of more help.
wife to a great man, stay at home homeschooling mama to DS "Boo" (3rd grade), a 6yr old little lady "Bug", and a sweet little man "Bean" in May 2011!
tuckabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have tried both on DS2 when he was first born. The Sandies do not have a drop down front, however I didn't feel like this was an issue considering it still needed a cover to be over them. This is my personal opinion but I did not like the KL's. The snaps where VERY stiff and hard to snap on a noob (maybe someone might have better luck with used) and I didn't feel like they were very absorbant. Also, after a couple of washes the KL's loose all of their softness. I actually had wished I would have purchased a couple more of the Sandies instead. They stayed pretty soft and were more absorbant then the KL's and they were way easier to snap. HTH's
Tawny - wife and helpmeet to Gabriel SAHM to DS1 9/9/08 and
DS2 4/1/10 AND Expecting someone new in September!
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Registered Users

I'm trying to remember back to my last newborn. I know I liked the Sandies much better, and gave away all my KL0's. She always seemed to be between snaps on the KL0's, and they just fit her weird. She also outgrew them very fast. I didn't use the Sandies at first, because they didn't have the snapdown. Once I did try them, though, they fit under the belly button, even thought it didn't look like they would. The front elastic just sort of settled under her belly, and I think it would have worked from birth just fine. That's saying a lot, because she must have had a short rise at birth, and every single cover we had rubbed her cord, even though she was "normal" size--7.5 lbs, 20 inches.
Stephanie, wife to a National Guard soldier
SAHM to DD1 5/29/06 DD2 2/11/09 DS 8/7/11 and DD3 11/26/14
steph_marie9 is offline   Reply With Quote