Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Acupuncture While Pregnant?

Has anyone tried it? I am thinking about trying it to aid with resolving a subchroinic hematoma, but think it also might be good for the recurrent nausea, insomnia, aches/pains, etc.

Advertisement

Last edited by seacat; 06-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I haven't but I would for sure! I love acupuncture! I should email my lady and see what she's up to and how much she charges now.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had weekly accupuncture my last pregnancy (before, during and after). I loved it!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
kaireece
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've had three treatments recently to help with insomnia. I would continue, but just can't afford it!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: restraint.
kaireece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Acupuncture While Pregnant?

Acupuncture is great in general, and especially good during pregnancy. Just make sure, like with a chiropractor, that you're working with someone that is trained to work with pregnant women. There are some points that are hugely contraindicated by pregnancy, but I would think anyone who's liscensed ought to know those. It's probably more a matter of if you get someone who's had a little extra training, they'd be able to help you more (sort of like the difference between going to a family practicitioner and an OBGYN)

If you've never done it before, don't plan anything that requires a lot of brain power for the rest of the day. Mine always left me really mellow and kind of spacy.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
savvytrav
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YES!
The mother in the family I was a nanny for was an acupuncturist, and did some for me the first month or so of my pregnancy, a few times a week. It really really helped with the nausea and sleeplessness.
Not to mention it helps with other non-related pregnancy issues, too...all in all a great thing for your body!

ISO: boys NON-sports/vehicle/character 3/4t underwear; toddler ruskovilla/engel/smartwool; cirque du soleil dvds http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/savvytrav
savvytrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

yep it's great! Also works great when you're due and you need a little nudge to get started
Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
ndmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i had acupuncture when my midwife wanted to induce (for a variety of reasons) and gave me two days to go into labor naturally It didn't bring on labor (they do say it may take 2-3 times) but it was fabulously relaxing and I felt great during and after. I've thought of doing it during this pregnancy just as relaxation but have to call my chiro/acupuncturist to see how much it would be since my insurance doesn't cover it this time n