Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: M/C?? Food poisoning (children mentioned)

any update? with my m/c this past mid-June i had clotting, nothing large until the day i went to the dr. my body was ready to pass it naturally, but I was in a foreign country and couldn't chance anything. I was a few days shy of 8 weeks so there wasn't cramping, just blood. Ultrasound confirmed no baby in the sac but that everything had already cleared and tissue was just stuck in my cervix, which the doctor plucked out. Hope all is well. Keep talking with mamas on here for support! it helps so much!

Advertisement

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not much to update atm. Bleeding has tapered off after only 2 nights, cramping has gone, feeling lethargic but not feeling pregnant anymore. Wasn't any clotting so I'm going to take a test in the morning and see what it reads. I was really upset the past few days but I'm starting to feel better emotionally as well. Posting here and having others respond has been a big help, so thank you everyone. I'll keep you updated
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

After my 10 week loss, pregnancy tests still read positive for almost 30 days. Just an FYI. I only took them to judge where my hcg was. It took 45 days to go to less than 5, though
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

My m/c were like really bad AF - VERY heavy bleeding, lots of clots.

I don't think food poisoning can cause it, though - I've known several mamas who got food poisoning while they were pregnant and didn't lose their babies. Please don't blame yourself.

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #15
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten
My m/c were like really bad AF - VERY heavy bleeding, lots of clots.

I don't think food poisoning can cause it, though - I've known several mamas who got food poisoning while they were pregnant and didn't lose their babies. Please don't blame yourself.

Yeah, from what I have heard (though never seen data on) is that the majority of women miscarry the first time and don't even know it, because it happens early and then they think they have a period. Hugs, mama. I know it is hard. It was much harder on me when I got preggo with DS1 than the first pregnancy because then I was worried I would miscarry again, and that was four years later. Hope you are better

**Sent from my SE Xperia X10 using DS Forum -- watch out for odd autocorrects that I don't catch**
Baby #3 due September 2015!
Check out my hand engraved and handmade jewelry: http://www.rococo-riche.com
ahenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama for your support and info. Turns out it could have been a host of things that all fell in that same week...

food poisoning
Dehydrated and not eating for several days due to above
bacterial infection in uterus
A/C freon was redone and this week I tested positive for a chemical that's in freon
Tie dyed some prefolds

mc could have happened without all the above just stinks that so much of it happened all within 2-3 days of one another, so it's hard not to blame myself. kwim?

I'm doing much better now that the bleeding is done as it's no longer a constant reminder. Actually, DH is taking it much harder than I am. Any suggestions on supporting DH? Maybe just get back on the saddle again, so to speak?!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

All DH's are different, of course, but mine mostly just wanted hugs and to have people acknowledge that it was his loss, too. Too many people think it's just a mom thing and forget that there are other people who loved the baby, too - partner, siblings, grandparents, etc. He said the hardest part for him was that I had all sorts of boards I could go on to chat about it with other women, but there was really nothing equivalent for men.

A lot of guys are very action-oriented, though - they need to DO something to make themselves feel better. Maybe if you went together to pick out a tree in the baby's honor, and have him plant it?

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you're right with the action-oriented. Will talk to him about doing something like that, we move a lot so a tree wouldn't work but I'm sure we could think of something small. He started working out this week pretty intensely with an old workout partner from 6 years ago, so maybe that's his something physical to release some of the stress.

We didn't tell many people that we were pregnant and so there's no one to really give either of us that kind of support. My one friend that knew still thinks I'm pregnant... which I know is terrible, but I had the mc the night I left her house after staying with her and she's pregnant and pretty stressed out and concerned with her pregnancy... So I don't want to add concern to her. This is going to sound terrible... But I also didn't tell DH's dad & his wife about the mc. She was rude to me on the phone when I told her about the pregnancy and asked if it was an accident because they don't think we're ready for another. (they don't like DH's work, they don't like that we live in an apartment, they don't like blah blah blah). DH isn't talking to them and I'm in no mood to tell her that I mc'd only for her response to be something like 'well the lord knows best'.

Am I off my rocker not telling them?!