Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ur kids & hospital...

Miranda was with me until the pushing stage then she went to my moms. They were fine with it as long as there was someone else there to watch her that wasn't me. I imagine they would of been fine with it had she stayed the night, she left at about 10:30 as it was. lol

This time, thankfully we will be going to the hospital without any extra kids. lol It was an emergency with miranda, there was 500 ft of snow and no one that could watch her that morning.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #22
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh I see, oops. It's not 'allowed' at either of the two hospitals I've been to. My friend took my daughter to their house later that day once they were feeling up to driving (friend was lightheaded and almost fainted not good labor support. Then they came back to visit a few times including dropping off my daughter to hang out with me in the hospital for a few hours in which she hugged her brother then curled up in bed with me and napped until they picked her up at night. My friend later mentioned how cool it was she could stay up without being cranky like other little kids They both slept in until mid afternoon the second day and then visited briefly before going to do 'fun kid stuff' until I was released that evening.
However when my son was three weeks he had to be hospitalized for pneumonia and they made it very clear that children are not allowed to spend the night in the peds unit. We went to the local hospital but then were transfered to the Children's Hospital a couple towns over and it was late at night by the time they told us this. But one of the nurses brought her a stuffed animal and extra blankets and just told me to keep her in the room. It was the night shift when we got there and the nurse told me right before shift change I should clean up and 'show up' soon because the day shift charge nurse was about to arrive. It was not that big of a deal but I don't think I would have wanted to watch her overnight after giving birth.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #23
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalin View Post
We almost had this happen since my sis in law was being a total crank about watching my dd when I had my ds. But my dd was only 2, so it would have been a huge pain in the neck having her there! Good luck w/ whatever happens- personally I think it would be a pain unless your kid is older. Like having my dd there w/ out next one I wouldn't mind because by that time she will be around 5-6 years old. So, it might actually be kinda fun! But I always wondered if the hospital/nurses would frown on my dd being there if there was absolutely no where else for her to go! My sis in law said she would watch her months before I gave birth & low and behold, she didn't realize how much a 2 year old would actually require her attention, said she could work from our house & stay there w/ her. She was only there for half a day when meanwhile I was in the hospital, and she started texting me, asking me how long it would be. I was so mad- how did she expect me to know when the baby would decide to pop his head out? And I still had to at least stay in hosp for 24 hours after so we were just so pissed. I almost sent hubby home and told her to go screw herself but we just put up w/ her crap & left exactly 24 hours to the minute after he was born & went home so we could relieve the poor sis in law that was having to put up w/ my 2 year old. What a joke! I will sure remember that for forever and not so sure if I will be that helpful when she has kids!
Family is the worst! I had this same thing happen to us, except it was my MIL! Now we're expecting again and know she won't even attempt to watch the kids for us, BUT fully expects to be the first one called when the baby comes so she can put on a show at the hospital-ya right! She can wait to even hear about the birth until I get back home
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote