Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #31
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling sad over missing the end of the pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howmanykids View Post
Nice to know i'm not alone...i'll have to try to do what you did, natalie..just think of it as a specal birth story..its hard right now..e.veryone in my due date forum on ds is just now hitting 37 weeks.
I totally hear ya! It was hard seeing what others were enjoying while we were still struggling. While everyone else was talking about finishing up their stash, I was crying because my milk hadn't come in yet. I totally understand the feelings and emotions of missing out. As time goes on, and all the babies are born and the initial babymoons are over, ya hardly notice an age difference.

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #32
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteen View Post
Wow, this thread really hit home for me. Yes, I am more than grateful that my LO is thriving; at 16 months you'd never know she was a preemie to look at her now. But I was so looking forward to holding her right after she was born, putting her to my breast ... It was horrible, leaving the hospital empty-handed ... that unsettled feeling of leaving her behind in the NICU ... we had a not-so-great BF experience I think mostly b/c the NICU insisted on bottle feeding ... perhaps it was the best for her but I still have that nagging feeling that she could have BF. She was 32 weeks ... anyway, it's all under the bridge now. But I completely understand the OP. big hugs to you. You're not alone in your feelings.
The car ride home is the worst... cried the whole way even though I knew my baby was where she needed to be.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #33
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

yup, both times I gave birth before I could do my maternity pictures and even baby showers..and the 2nd one was planned more than 2 months early!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #34
jpaigeadams
Registered Users

I'm another mom of a preemie, who feels so sad over not getting to experience the end of that pregnancy. It is a loss, a terrible one, that so many other people don't seem to understand (well, just be glad he's healthy now; etc). One thing that helps is to tell the story - to your friends, to your journal, to a therapist, as many times as you can. It really helps not to keep it inside your head. You're not crazy for feeling sad about it.
jpaigeadams is offline   Reply With Quote