Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #11
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 3 hour glucose test

An hour and a half until I go in. I did manage to not drink any water overnight (and not have any problems) but boy am I parched now!

Advertisement

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #12
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Glad you made it through. My office said I could sip water. I had to have some fluid or they couldn't draw my blood. My veins aren't very good due to so many blood draws and multiple hospital stays so drawing blood alone is hard but if ok dehydrated it's even worse. I had to drink a cup of water before my 1st draw, then drink the nasty drink and have the 3 tests an hour apart and could finally drink/eat!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 hour glucose test

I have never been allowed to drink water. I've had this test a ton b/c I failed the 1 hour with DS1 I told my MD I just wanted the 3 hour done with the rest. Last time I failed 2 of the 4 parts during the 3 hour and here in IL they have changed the number scale and you can "fail" it more "easily" so I am assuming that I will probably be diagnosed this time around.

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #14
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3beautifulbabes
I have never been allowed to drink water. I've had this test a ton b/c I failed the 1 hour with DS1 I told my MD I just wanted the 3 hour done with the rest. Last time I failed 2 of the 4 parts during the 3 hour and here in IL they have changed the number scale and you can "fail" it more "easily" so I am assuming that I will probably be diagnosed this time around.
So you had to fast food and water from midnight until the end of the test? That would be so hard!

They gave us a cup of ice too.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote