Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

A quick background...I have two kiddos from my first marriage, who are now 14 1/2 and 10. I nursed them both and practiced child led weaning(4 1/2 and 2 1/2 respectively). I nursed anywhere and everywhere....except for my first NIP experience in a bathroom, I was wherever I would have fed if with a bottle. I would pull up my shirt from the bottom up or layer, so practically no one probably even realized what I was doing. So fast forward to my third nursling, who turned 2 in June....I don't NIP, in fact, I never really have with him. It's not that I don't necessarily want to....well, kinda. He hates having *anything* on his face or on my breast while he I just don't. And it kinda makes me sad. I know it helps other women, and young women to be, see breastfeeding, but I just don't feel comfortable with the style of feeding my little man has. And now, even places where I should feel comfy, I don't, so I'll ask him to wait. Anyway, I needed to share it somewhere, and in reading posts so far, I already felt like this was a safe place to get this off my chest.... So, anyone else have something about their bf relationship that isn't quite what they thought? Maybe something different from child to child? Similar experiences maybe?

kneadedmommato4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Confession....

I have one for ya I nursed my first son until he was 10 months old then weaned him. I was young, the first to nurse in my family and had no support. I spent years beating myself up over this. So when DD came along I was dead set on a minimum of 2 years. At 17 months DD weaned herself despite all my efforts. It was a 2 week war then ended in many tears, bits on the nips and fleeing of a toddler when she heard the nursing tank unlatch- I was defeated. Then came along DS2. He was born at 32 weeks and spent 3 weeks in the NICU. I pumped around the clock to get my supply in and to feed my baby breastmilk. I pumped around the clock and feed him around the clock with a bottle of breastmilk for months until he finally caught onto nursing- a huge feat. He is now 13 months old and I am so over breastfeeding! Seriously, I just want to stop. now! However, I am a huge lactivist and if it hasn't been for all my ranting and raving about breastfeeding and extended breastfeeding well I probably wouldn't had made it through a month of pumping. And to make matters worse, he is the one who needs to be breastfeed as long as possible. So there, I have said it. I am so over it. But I will continue on because I know its the right thing to do...

Thanks for this thread.
Ali, wife to A and momma to Punkie (03/2004), Mo Mo (03/2008)and my little ginger baby (06/2010) . I'm abut I don't get paid.
New babywearing group in NE TN & surrounding area, PM me for more info!!
Chagen is offline   Reply With Quote