Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
Ehlane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for non co-sleeping mamas

We used a PnP and then a travel crib placed right next to the bed for the first few months. I too am a very light sleeper, so I had no desire to cosleep. Sometimes I would wear earplugs and DH would wake me when DS needed to be fed. It's so hard when the nursing sessions are so long in the beginning, but it will get better before you know it. GL, Mama!

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
S4r4h
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayer79
Get a Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper! My guy was the same way until I got this bed. It's small, but mighty. He started sleeping 4hr stints. He still sleeps 4+ hrs in this then I move him to my bed. I love how compact, portable, and awesome it is. I even used it in the hospital when he had RSV. It's highly recommended by me! Also try a white noise machine on ocean. This helped too.
Yes!!!!!! It was a lifesaver when DD was wee.
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #13
S4r4h
Registered Users

Double post
Sarah Beth - Mama to Charlie (Charlotte) born 1/12/11 and wife to Jeffery, computer geek extraordinaire. Lover of succulent gardens, live plant aquariums, reading, nature, sunshine, emergency veterinary medicine, and Homer, the best dog in the world.
S4r4h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #14
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We crib sleep from day one here. We both get up at night for feedings. Daddy is the diaper changer, and I nurse, he's the burper, and we both go back to bed as soon as the LO is down. That said, our nights are very easy even with newborns with the rarest exception. We feed our babies at predictable intervals and do an eat, wake, sleep routine from birth here. Predictable eating of full meals during the day stabilizes hunger metabolisms which naturally helps our babies' bodies go without food for longer periods at night, and they know how to self-soothe and put themselves to sleep after waking. All of our friends have done this with their 30 combined children and it has worked for everyone of the babies so its what we have done also since I could see the fruit of it in their families. All of ours have STTN from 10:30-6:00 by 10 weeks (my preemie was 14 weeks) so nights weren't really a big deal here. I hope you find what works for you and you get some rest soon!
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.

Last edited by GEMQEMCABOOSE; 07-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #15
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas for all of the suggestions! The last two nights have been better, getting 4-5 hours of sleep. Having dad help during the week isn't an option as he gets up at 2am to go to work. Daytime is starting to take on more of a routine so hopefully nights will follow.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
Nicoleoleole
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My daughter is 13.5 months old and nurse every 30 minutes now at night. We co-sleep and I just plop a boob in her mouth and go back to sleep. It is tiring, but it's more sleep than if she was bottle feeding every 30 minutes!
Mommy to Aeri, born 17June2010 and TTC#2.
My blog: The Happy Natural Baby
Nicoleoleole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
4littlevikings
Registered Users

I don't co-sleep nor do I feed all night long. none of my kids have needed to nurse al night long or nurse to sleep. I started from the begining putting them to sleep awake.

All my LO have slept in thier cribs from day one. I would get up go into their room where I had a rocker and turn on a small lamp. While I nursed I played games on my cell phone or a hand held game. When they were done I put them back to bed and I went back to my own bed.

By 6 weeks they were on a pretty good night schedule. Bed 8pm, wake 12 or 1--back to sleep, wake 5 eat back to sleep until 8 or so. By three to four months they were sleeping from 8pm until 5am and then back to sleep till 8 or so.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
BabyBoyAce
Registered Users

My DS is almost 9 months and still wakes every 2-3 hours to nurse. I do co sleep but I still get up EVERY single time he nurses and sit on my glider because he spit up so much when he was younger that I would have to sit him up at least 10 mins after he ate so he would spit up. And no he just won't nurse laying down next to me. So I don't really have any advice but I guess you get used to it? Haha his nursing seasons are much shorter now so it's not so bad.

Oh and my cousin who is my best friend is a nurse who works nights so I text her a lot while I'm up at odd hours

Last edited by BabyBoyAce; 07-30-2011 at 08:21 PM.
BabyBoyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #19
4littlevikings
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
We crib sleep from day one here. We both get up at night for feedings. Daddy is the diaper changer, and I nurse, he's the burper, and we both go back to bed as soon as the LO is down. That said, our nights are very easy even with newborns with the rarest exception. We feed our babies at predictable intervals and do an eat, wake, sleep routine from birth here. Predictable eating of full meals during the day stabilizes hunger metabolisms which naturally helps our babies' bodies go without food for longer periods at night, and they know how to self-soothe and put themselves to sleep after waking. All of our friends have done this with their 30 combined children and it has worked for everyone of the babies so its what we have done also since I could see the fruit of it in their families. All of ours have STTN from 10:30-6:00 by 10 weeks (my preemie was 14 weeks) so nights weren't really a big deal here. I hope you find what works for you and you get some rest soon!
this exactly. She said it better than I did.