Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #41
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Week of July 24th

So, I believe I would be 1DPO today....should have O'd last night around 11:40 pm....according to when I took my trigger shot. We DTD and I popped in an Instead Cup....we shall see......

I started 100 mg Prometrium 2X this morning...I don't know if it's that or what but I am so bloated and constipated today! I pretty much feel like crap but that's ok!

Have a good rest of the day!

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #42
skyericsson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Leisl sorry your going through this...

Meldo- this place is full of great supportive woman. Can you let me know how you do on the Metformin ( how ur body reacts-effects) I have some insulin resistance--possible pcos and doc gave it to me, ds is EBF so I have not takin it and I changed my diet some so my blood sugar is well controlled but he also said it would help with fertility. I will be going on it as soon as ds weans...I can't take it with him bfing because he has hypoglycemia and we don't want to even chance it as he is getting milk from me.

AFM last cycle was 24 days and 11 day LP DH was traveling and now I'm on cd7 and AF is gone!... And I'm on my way out now to go to Zumba
cosleeping, conservative yet extra crispycrunchy wife to my loving DH and sahm of our gorgeous princess sophia9/03 and cutie pie prince sven 8/07 and our beautiful sweet rainbow preemie born at 30 weeks Sång (pronounced "song")
skyericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #43
mamacassola
Registered Users
seller

Hope you all don't mind if I share my good news/bad news kind of day. Not many places for me to vent this stuff......

I finally realized that this month is off limits for TTCing because of the prednisone I had to take for this crazy rash. Bummer. Especially since DH is so borderline right now anyway, and I feel like our months left TTCing are really drawing to a close quickly. BUT because this has happened, he's agreed to sit down and have a heart to heart about it.

The crazy rash is still an unknown. The prednisone is really helping calm it down, but my Dr did a ton of testing because I've got a lot of auto-immune stuff in my family, and it looked a bit like it could have been lupus (my mom has lupus). Anyway...best news of all....that test seems to be perfectly normal. So it looks like I may not get an answer at all about what's causing this (it's horrible....ugh), and the prednisone may actually just be masking it. So if it comes back, I'll have to head off to my dermatologist, who just happens to be on summer vacation ATM.

So all in all, it's still wait and see for everything...TTC, rashes, etc. BUT, I guess I can take a month to chill, get into running again, whatever I want, really! So I may or may not be on that much in the next little bit, but I will be back soon for sure!

Good luck to you all, Mamas!!
In love with DH from the moment we met. Proud mom of Noah-01/08, Evan-06/10, and Nathan-03/13. We sometimes CD or EC, gave birth drug free 2 @hospital, 1 @ home, never circ, always vax, BF as long as we can.
mamacassola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #44
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am still hopeful because 10 is still good, i am on prog shots and cream now and my hcg did double

Last edited by pretzelpirate07; 07-30-2011 at 01:03 PM.
pretzelpirate07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #45
Evolution Diapers
Registered Users
Formerly: goddess3_2005
seller

I am so glad I found this thread. I was feeling wrong to feel bummed out after my last miscarriage. I mean, I should be happy with the 6 kids i already have right? But it just killed me to know I wouldn't be holding a sweet little one in my arms again. We love kids so much and love having a big family.

OS AI2 Hybrid and Pocket Diaperswww.evolutiondiapers.comThe revolution continues! Check out the E2 the Worlds First Cloth Diaper with fully adjustable gussets!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpXC3UvJU8
Evolution Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #46
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Pretzelpirate: I'm so sorry!!! I'll be praying for a miracle!!

Evolution: Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss! Having many kids doesn't mean you shouldn't grieve over another you were excited to welcome!

Mama: I hope everything turns out ok from the rash! How scary!

Susan: Did you guys do IUI last cycle? Are you going to go back to it or IVF, if need be?

AFM: We are home from our trip. It was so beautiful and relaxing and delightful! My 2.5 yr old did great at the wineries and had a blast. She cried when we pulled up to our house yesterday bc she wanted to go back to the house we were renting. Today is 14 dpo. Still no AF. No spotting or anything this cycle. My tests are def. BFN though. My period usually starts by now, even on prometrium. But I'm guessing the combo of femara and prometrium is keeping my progesterone levels higher. I think I will take the prometrium 1 more time tonight and then stop. I think getting AF tomorrow would be good timing for our IUI. Then it might actually fall on a weekend. Which means DH wouldn't have to miss work and we wouldn't have to hire a babysitter bc he will be around to take care of DD. We'll see. Of course a little piece of me is *still* hoping that I'm just going to get a late BFP this month. I'm ridiculous. I know it. But I can't help it.

Cindy
Old 07-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #47
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies....nothing new to report other than I feel like crappy today....Feels like a touch of the flu bug but who knows.....

Cindy~ no, I'm almost positive there will not be any going back for IVF....I won't say absolutely but I'm not thinking so....
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #48
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cindy- I would still be hoping too Keep us posted! I have fingers crossed!

AFM: We have one more week of chemo!!!! Things have been ROUGH!!! It will feel like a huge fog has lifted once this is done. Today is the first day my DH has been up walking around in 3 weeks! THANK GOODNESS!!! It feels great just to have him walking around, even though he tires quickly.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #49
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Evolution: I agree with Cindy. Any loss is a loss, no matter how many children you have.

Sky: So far so good with the Metformin. I am on 500mg a day right now(1pill). My second week on it I will go up to 1000mg, and my third week will be 1500mg(3 tabs/day). I'll stay on 1500mg until the Dr tells me to stop. I'm a little irregular and gassy, but that could be anything, considering how much medication I'm on right now. My appetite is also down a little. I don't have anything diagnosed insulin-wise. It's more of a "let's see if this helps everything". I'm willing to try anything, especially if the main side effect is losing 5-10 pounds.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm not typically the type to post about this kind of stuff, but I feel comfortable here on DS and thought it might be nice to have a place to get everything out. I try not to burden my DH too much with my neuroses since I know he's going through the same situation in his own way. Thanks, ladies, for listening!
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #50
NCFlanagan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pregnant and praying to make it!

ncflanagan
Current Children and age: DS1 (15) and DS2 (2)
Losses: June '10 (6 wks), Sept '10 (8 wks, twins), April '11 (18wks 3dys, girl)
Date I'll be 12 wks: Sept 21st

I found out yesterday that I am pregnant again. I thought I was ready to try again but, now that it's here, I'm not so sure that I am emotionally and physically ready to go through another heartbreak. I don't know where else to look for support and ask for prayers... please let me know if this isn't the right place. Thanks.
NCFlanagan is offline   Reply With Quote