Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Crankenstein'sMama0709
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wwyd?

I just had a miscarriage a month ago, this is my 2nd one. I was 9 weeks .

My friend S found out she was pregnant about a week after I lost my baby. She is a really close friend or was because I'm not too sure how much more I can take. She keeps talking to me about her pregnancy, then today she sent me a text of her belly. I just don't get what shes doing & I don't know what to say to her about it. I've told her that this loss has hit me really hard but still shes talking to me about babies, baby gear & all this other stuff. And it didn't help that shes 8-9 weeks right where I was when I found out I lost the baby. ugh, it just hurts so much.

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just talk to her. People don't know how to react to losses usually if they never had one. I had a friend not tell me she was pregnant because she didn't want to hurt my feelings, and I would have loved to know the day she found out! Maybe she's trying to cheer you up, and just doesn't realize that sharing every aspect of her pregnancy with you isn't the best way to do it.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wwyd?

I'm so sorry mama. I've been there and you just want to punch her in the face! (joking, of course) Is this her first?

If you can't do it in person maybe sit down and write her a note and explain to her that you are very happy for but right now you are just hurting so much and just need to step away from the friendship for a bit while you heal...emotionally and physically. If she is a true friend she will give you the time and space you need and be more compassionate of your feelings during this difficult time.

Mama...my heart just hurts for you and I'll be thinking of you.

If you need to pm me...please do...even if it's just a shoulder to cry on.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Crankenstein'sMama0709
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wwyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Just talk to her. People don't know how to react to losses usually if they never had one. I had a friend not tell me she was pregnant because she didn't want to hurt my feelings, and I would have loved to know the day she found out! Maybe she's trying to cheer you up, and just doesn't realize that sharing every aspect of her pregnancy with you isn't the best way to do it.
It just seems so crazy, she came over here to take the pregnancy test like 3 days after I miscarried. I hope thats why, but we were suppose to be pregnancy buddies she was ttc not too long after I got prego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes View Post
I'm so sorry mama. I've been there and you just want to punch her in the face! (joking, of course) Is this her first?

If you can't do it in person maybe sit down and write her a note and explain to her that you are very happy for but right now you are just hurting so much and just need to step away from the friendship for a bit while you heal...emotionally and physically. If she is a true friend she will give you the time and space you need and be more compassionate of your feelings during this difficult time.

Mama...my heart just hurts for you and I'll be thinking of you.

If you need to pm me...please do...even if it's just a shoulder to cry on.
no, its her 2nd. our toddlers now are only 6 weeks apart and these babies would have been the same.

I have stepped back, havent told her why though. shes been so tired and busy so I don't think shes noticed.

And thank you. I may do that sometime, I don't really have anyone to talk to other then dh. And I know hes struggling too.