Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #21
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone just pick a brand and "go with it?"

I planned on trying a couple of brands to see what worked and building my stash with just one brand, but I keep finding used diapers to try. I think I have 4 brands now (once some of them arrive in the mail). I don't plan on trying everything out there, just sticking with a couple of brands I like.

Advertisement

newtocloth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

I planned on doing that, I decided on BG 4.0's and bought two to try on DS before DD was born. While they are good diapers and I've since bought a couple more, I am glad I didn't go out and buy a whole bunch of them. I found Omni's after that and bought a couple to try out on DS again, and I liked them, so I bought more- I have 10 total- and ended up hating them for DD, I can never get her legs right and the regular pod is too big for her and the mini pods aren't enough. Still love them for DS though. When I bought diapers for DD, I decided I'd try 5 or 6 of each kind and buy more from there. I like having the variety, and that I didn't get stuck with all one diaper because some of them didn't end up working out.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #23
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yeah, gDiapers and I hated them so I had to sell them all and start from scratch. I do wish I could go back to all one brand though but I guess I wouldn't know what I love and don't love if I hadn't tried so many. I just hate my ecclectic stash right now.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #24
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousElephant View Post
My babies are pooping, not making gold.
ok, I can't stop laughing at this one!

I jumped in like that. I have no idea how it will turn out. My first 3 kids were all in sposies, 3.5 years each. I decided to try cloth for the first time with #4, due soon. So I started with something that would be really easy, like sposies. I chose fuzzibunz first, and gathered a stash of mostly used ones. Then I heard about Ragababe, and had to gather some of those too -- much, much harder, but I think I will have about 13 of them and about 25 fb's in my nb stash.

I am totally not interested at this time in folding or shaping or pinning prefolds and the like. I want to love cd'ing, and I think the closer it is to sposies will help me stick with it!
FulHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #25
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulHouse View Post
ok, I can't stop laughing at this one!

I am totally not interested at this time in folding or shaping or pinning prefolds and the like. I want to love cd'ing, and I think the closer it is to sposies will help me stick with it!
I agree with both of those comments. Really when it comes down too it, we are buying baby toilets! I know I don't want pre folds, and the softbums can be used as a ai2 or a pocket so I'll have options. I also like that she recommends a simple washing routine, putting them in the dryer, and purex free and clear for soap. Makes it sound soo easy compared to other thingsi have read! As long as ds isn't allergic, I don't see howmi could hate it that bad. I can't afford to do sized diapers, so I am stuck with os and this seems like the most versatile option out there....if he ends up allergic- well, that's a risk with anything really right?? This one it just a little more expensive....
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #26
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know people like to say to try things or just have a few of this and that and then decide after the baby comes, but I just can't imagine having to have hunt down my entire stash AFTER the babies were born! I had an entire stash of XS BGs (which it turns out we didn't like) and switched to BGEs as soon as they fit. I'd just pick what you want and most likely it will work, but why add more things to have to worry with after the baby arrives. So much easier to have everything already ready to go!
Brooke789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #27
Military Gals Jewelry
Registered Users
Formerly: Texasarmywifey
seller

My Mood:
Yes, I picked BG 4.0 and they leaked like crazy! Switched to BGE love em! Then added flips and thiristes

Enter Diaperswapper1 for 5%

Last edited by Military Gals Jewelry; 08-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Military Gals Jewelry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #28
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasarmywifey View Post
Yes, I picked BG 4.0 and they leaked like crazy! Switched to BGE love em! Then added flips and thiristes
Where did your BG leak from????
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote