Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
lovemysmilingboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I need some help with night time diapering

I switched my son to disposables a while back (Seventh Generation diapers), then he started potty training. Well, we still working that but during the day he is in underwear. I've tried to use cloth at night but he gets a horrible rash around his boy parts (it's been like this since he was a year old). I went to pull-ups at night. I can still use cloth a nap because he isn't in it very long. Well, last night I ran out of pull-ups so I had to use cloth on him. 4am he comes to me and keeps saying "owie, owie"...grabbing himself. I changed him into another cloth then he woke up at 8am...when I took the diaper off...he was still a little red but not bad. The first diaper was a pocket diaper with microfleece and the second was an AIO with hemp fabric touching his skin not microfleece. When he was in cloth full time all I had was FB diapers. Could it be the microfleece that's the problem?? Maybe I need something that is more absorbant like microfiber. I really want to get away from pull-up totally because of all the chemicals in them and it bugs me knowing they are going to landfill. My 4.5 yr old is in a cloth pull-up at night and doesn't have a problem but yet he is getting too big for them so I need to make new ones. They are going to be in a pull-up during the night for a long time so I want cloth to work!!

Anyway....any suggestions on how I can make this work for us? Anyone have older kiddos in pull-up cloth diapers at night?? Thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some help with night time diapering

Are you sure you are rinsing the dipes enough? this helped my DS-we use FB's at night w/ a SEZ insert and liner-I also like to use Dr. Smiths or Beaudroux's (?) at night to protect him from the ammonia-HTH!!~
Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
lovemysmilingboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some help with night time diapering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice Blessed View Post
Are you sure you are rinsing the dipes enough? this helped my DS-we use FB's at night w/ a SEZ insert and liner-I also like to use Dr. Smiths or Beaudroux's (?) at night to protect him from the ammonia-HTH!!~
I always do an extra rinse and very little detergent....I even do 2 rinse before I wash as well to get out the pee. I might look into making him some fitted with a wool cover....that's more breathable.

thanks for your input!!