Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thrush AGAIN??? or no??

Ok can I get thrush at 5 and 1/2 months??
We had this problem June 1st but not since.
I BF 98% of the time and only pump 4 times total during a week.

My nipples are red again and tender. I am putting the cream on that I received last time.
Does anybody know of a way to get rid of this? I think my doctor would require me to schedule another appointment to tell me what I already know so I could get the two pills I got last time. I don't want to do that right now, can't.

Any advice is welcome. Please help!!!

Sent from my HTC HD...my phone is to thank for typos.

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thrush AGAIN??? or no??

Grapefruit Seed Extract knocked it out for us.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreck
Grapefruit Seed Extract knocked it out for us.
Where do I buy this? Is it a pill form or liquid?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ooh I just called the pharmacy and apparently I have one refill on that perscription. I will pick it up tomorrow. Yay.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

You may want to look into supplementing yourself with some things, as well as watching your diet (cutting out sugars and carbs). I had thrush once with DD1, and it went away almost as quickly as it came. However, when I got it again with DD2 a couple years later, it kept coming back, and it turns out it was a systemic issue for me...which no topical treatment will help with. I wrote about all the things that help me here. (I know I post that all the time but it's so much to write out for each thrush post!)
1blessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blessedmama
You may want to look into supplementing yourself with some things, as well as watching your diet (cutting out sugars and carbs). I had thrush once with DD1, and it went away almost as quickly as it came. However, when I got it again with DD2 a couple years later, it kept coming back, and it turns out it was a systemic issue for me...which no topical treatment will help with. I wrote about all the things that help me here. (I know I post that all the time but it's so much to write out for each thrush post!)
Very good blog thank you for that!! What would you say the two or three most important supplements are from the list?also how did you treat your LO?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurillo410 View Post
Very good blog thank you for that!! What would you say the two or three most important supplements are from the list?also how did you treat your LO?

Honestly, I don't think I can pick because they all work together for one purpose. If I was limited to less, I'd make sure I was doing garlic (raw), GSE tablets, an enzyme (the Candex or Candidase), and of course, good probiotics (ThreeLac for this, specifically, combined with, or eventually replaced with L. Reuteri).

I mostly just treated my youngest, and it was usually through the form of whatever I used for rinsing my nipples (so the GSE or vinegar). We did gentian violet and nystatin a couple times but I never found either of those to be worth the mess. I just made sure to stay on top of the probiotics for them (sometimes it was my Threelac, which they LOVE, or BioGaia drops, or Reuteri powder).
1blessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurillo410 View Post
Where do I buy this? Is it a pill form or liquid?

I got mine at a health food store in a liquid form. I had found a protocol somewhere online on how to use it to kick thrush and followed that. I can't seem to find that protocol any longer, but it involved making a solution of maybe 10-15 drops of GSE in a small amount of water and drinking it every hour all day for a day. It also called for using that same solution for wiping nipples and swabbing out baby's mouth before and after each feeding and also using it instead of baby wipes at each diaper change. I also put 20-25 drops in every load of laundry and washed on hot for the longest time to help make sure it didn't come back.

The GSE is what finally worked after we had tried many different things(Gentain Violet, Diflucan, probiotics, changing diet, vinegar washes) and battled thrush for months.

Good luck getting rid of it. I know it's no fun!
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

I've had it really the bad the last few weeks and I'm finally kicking it. I ended up buying some "yeast cleanse" at a health food store-- it's got GSE, garlic, TTO and things in it. I'm taking a lot of probiotics and garlic. (I got thrush after a round of antibiotics) I spray vinegar or GSE water on my nipples and get as much air as I can. And then, I even sat in the sun barechested a few times. Suprisingly, it was the nursing session right after sunning myself that I could tell the most difference.

I'm also finally going hardcore on a low-carb diet. Yeast feeds off of sugar and refined carbs. (plus, I need to lose the last 15 lbs of baby weight, so I need the diet anyway!)
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote