Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If your ds is also tall for age be sure to check the height limit on your snugride, too. Our oldest ds has been approx 90th percentile for both height and weight since his 4 month appt. At that appt we discovered he was 27 inches (one inch too long for his snugride) and he was 19lbs and change. That was an older snugride, but it is still in use with our third ds, not expired yet! Perhaps yours goes to a longer height - check your manual, though!

We have one smaller car, a Toyota corolla. A RF Radian 65 fits in any seat but was longish behind the driver. My dh is 6' tall. It fits pretty well in the center still being reclined to 45 degrees since it can protrude a little up between the front seats.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
an_aurora
Registered Users

Re: Question about large baby

As long as he has an inch of hard shell above his head he's ok height wise
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
lakerfan420
Registered Users

My son is 21 mos and 30 lbs. We switched to a radian a few months back because he was about to outgrow his old seat by height (and it got recalled too I think). He's still rf'ing but the radian takes up much less room than his old one did. Before we had to have the passenger seat way up front but now I can stretch a bit instead of feeling like I'm sitting on the dashboard.
lakerfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
petuniajo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
We have an 05 elantra and have so much trouble getting seats that fit ok without making the front seats uncomfortable. Maybe the newer models are bigger?

I am scared to get a radian because I am so scared it wouldn't fit!

We have gotten an Evenflo symphony 65 and a britex marathon 70 rfing in it, but both have to be pretty upright or the seats have to be pushed way forward. And forget the myride! Not happening!

My best advise it to go to babies r us and try seats in your car so you can get an idea of how they fit.
Thanks for posting--I was wondering if I must be doing something wrong! Our front seats are shoved up so far that even I think it's uncomfortable--and I'm only 5'2"! The new elantra models do look a lot different on the outside, but I'm not sure how they compare on the inside. I just know our back seat is TINY!

I didn't know BRU lets you try them in your car--thanks! I'll totally have to do that!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
an_aurora
Registered Users

The Radian is odd in that it seems huge, and is huge in some cars, but in certain cars it's like magic. I hate the Radian RF in my SUV and in my minivan I had...but it let ne put the front seat back all the way in my BILs Focus! Radians love the angled seats of the Hyundais--it's not about the size of the car, it's how the seats are shaped!
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

The radian was a chore to get into our 2001 CR-V, putting it in my ILs Sienna takes much effort, and is not easy to get into our 2011 Jetta, but it goes into my 05 Saturn Ion (small 4d car) like a dream. It's almost as easy as the Britax in that car and I can get the passenger seat most of the way back w/ almost no effort on the install. It REALLY depends on the car and the shape of the backseat.