Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #11
momto2es
Registered Users
seller

Re: URGENT HELP! I can't get my seats in the dang car...

OK. With my husband's assistance, we now have the 2 Radians in the 2nd row, one FF in the center and one RF outboard behind the passenger. The middle is seatbelt install. It is a tad difficult to get the 40 seat folded to get into the back, but you can do it. I just have to check the tightness of the belt each time. It's only for the weekend, so it's ok.

However, the RF seat outboard is very close to the edge of the seat bottom. Is that ok? I pushed it over some like you suggested. It is a rock solid install, meaning rocking the car when you rock the seat. What do you think?

I look forward to company leaving. Haha. My folks live in town, and when we go out I crawl over the girls seats and sit in between them and let my dad drive!

Advertisement

momto2es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

If it's rock solid and it's all the way on the seat then it's fine. You may find that you gain more room by using the seat belt instead of LATCH to install. Make sure that if you're LO is under 40 lbs and the seat is tethered (FF) that you are using the Safe Stop.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
momto2es
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
If it's rock solid and it's all the way on the seat then it's fine. You may find that you gain more room by using the seat belt instead of LATCH to install. Make sure that if you're LO is under 40 lbs and the seat is tethered (FF) that you are using the Safe Stop.
Oh! Crap! I forgot about that...yes, she is under 40 lbs. I need to fix that then. THANK YOU!
momto2es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #14
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you find a solution.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #15
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len27 View Post
I feel your pain, we went through the same rigamorole with my honda pilot a few months ago. I ended up installing one FF outboard and one RF in the center so we could still access the fold down seat to get in the back BUT it wasn't remotely ideal and I basically had to retighten the RF carseat every time we flipped the seat down, so it wasn't even close to the best install. In the past I've had a FF seat in the third row (but I have tether points) and a RF seat in the center row onboard. Total PITA. God help us if we have a 3rd child and have to figure this all out on a permanent basis.
someone on c-s.org has 6 seats in a pilot. I think 2 boosters, 4 convertibles, three rear facing, IIRC.
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote