Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: need help picking out cheap cloth diapers

How high of a resale value do GMDWH diaper have? I thought they were pretty inexpensive diapers?

Check out snuggle bottoms, http://www.babybunz.com/Snugglebottoms.html , you can get 2 dozen for under $100. Looks like they are running low on smalls, but email to see when they are restocking. BabyBunz has been around for decades, I highly recommend them

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 AM   #22
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel0123

If you are on tight budget. I totally agree with this.
Me too. Sunbabies are a great diaper, can be stuffed with these pf's and again the pf's could line the Flip covers at night! Great combo idea.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 AM   #23
Covergirl
Registered Users
seller

Re: need help picking out cheap cloth diapers

I agree with the recommendations for Sunbabies and Cotton Babies seconds. [This is basically how we've filled out our stash. Initially we used 24 Osocozy infant prefolds and 3 Thirsties Duo Wraps Size 1 covers, plus 3 AIOs as out-of-the-house dipes.] But your idea of fitteds and covers is fine and should work well for you.

The only things I would add:

(1) Use the cloth diapers as soon as you can, even though you have enough disposables for a couple of weeks. Eighteen fitteds might only get you through one day. My DS went through 16-18 diapers a day for the first month, and then down to 12-16 for the following two months. Even though we only had 24 prefolds we were able to do diaper laundry every three days by padding out our stash with sposies. We started the cloth @ day 9 and the learning curve was very flat.

(2) Get some hand-me-down receiving blankets from family and friends to use as flats. If you decide to just stick with the 18 fitteds and not pick up a few prefolds, these receiving blankets will help in case you run out of clean dipes and don't have any sposies. They are very easy to padfold into a cover and work great.
Covergirl is offline   Reply With Quote