Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
sslundgren
Registered Users

2nd time mom looking for ideas on NB stash

I have a great stash of BG one size and flip diapers with microfiber inserts. I love love love them, but lately have had trouble with amonia. I think it has to do with our washing machine (a front loader) but was wondering if maybe I would be better off without MF inserts with my washing machine.

What suggestions do you have about diapering a NB. My Flip stash will probably start working when the baby is 10-12 lbs. Until then, what do you suggest. How many? What? Etc? Also, can I was all of our cloth diapers together (toddler and nb)?

Advertisement

sslundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd time mom looking for ideas on NB stash

I'm in the process of searching for and buying Goodmama newborns, NB Mutts and ones like it. I like fitted. and they are soooo adorable!! I don't pay more than $16ppd per diaper, that's just my budget and I already have 8!
We also like prefolds for the newborn, my DH especially likes the prefold. There is a great way to fold them and use a snappi. just google folding prefolds.
I will also have a 15month old and a nb. I don't think there is anything wrong with washing them together, haven't even thought about it. So I don't know but i think it would be okay. a soiled diaper is a soiled diaper, right?
Old 08-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if you are planning on breast feeding or not, but I go with prefolds on those! With lots of cute covers. I like to have 5+ covers just be be safe for washing and blow outs. THe number of prefolds would depend on how often you want to wash. Hope that helps some! My babies are always big, so one size covers works fine for us. And I'd was all the diapers together! Why not?!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd with with mostly prefolds (2 or 3 dozen NB size) with 6-8 covers, and 6-12 fitteds or aios for nighttime changes
Old 08-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
mlhmrsdds
Registered
seller

My Mood:

You can use a newborn rental program for your newborn diapers. Then you get to try a variety of things and save yourself the cost of an entire new stash.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Len27
Registered Users
seller

We did inexpensive fitteds (ie. no insane fancy newborn stash, lol)- sandies, swaddlebees, and some basic cotton/hemp fitteds that are now on FSOT (in my siggy, if you're looking for spam). We bought a few PFs and a few AIOs just for convenience, but for sure the fitteds were the easiest for both DH and I.