Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

AOE strap issue

I have the eddie Bauer version but it's the same seat. My DD is 11 months old and still on the first notch for the straps. That notch also fit her correctly at 3 months... If I move it to the next notch and she slouches the strap holes are above her shoulders but on the first notches her head is to the top of the sliding head support and the straps are an inch below her shoulders. Is this ok?

cloth diapering, baby-led weaning, co-sleeping, babywearing yet fairly non-crunchy momma to DD born at 35 wks 09/10

Advertisement

Soph's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AOE strap issue

Yep..at or below the shoulders for RFing. If you move them up and her slouching causes them to go over her shoulders then they need to be down a slot.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl
Yep..at or below the shoulders for RFing. If you move them up and her slouching causes them to go over her shoulders then they need to be down a slot.
That's where I've kept them. I guess I'm asking if they can be too far below the shoulders rear facing?

cloth diapering, baby-led weaning, co-sleeping, babywearing yet fairly non-crunchy momma to DD born at 35 wks 09/10
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

They can only be too far below the shoulders when they are so far down that they cause the straps to fall off the shoulders. The purpose of the straps being at or below the shoulders is to keep the baby from ramping up and going over the shell of the seat exposing the head to striking something.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

However, if the head wings are getting uncomfortable and she is really *almost* there, I'd go ahead and move them up. I would only do this for a child who had a TON of shell above her head, so ramping up won't be as much a concern since she will still be contained in the shell.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Soph's Mom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903

However, if the head wings are getting uncomfortable and she is really *almost* there, I'd go ahead and move them up. I would only do this for a child who had a TON of shell above her head, so ramping up won't be as much a concern since she will still be contained in the shell.
She has plenty of shell (5 inches plus) but the top of her head isn't above the wings, the top is at the top of them, so I think I'll leave it for now. I was just worried that and inch was too far below. It definitely doesn't fall off bc of the tightness and chestclip.