Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Help me confirm my seat choices for sitter's car

Hi ladies! I am about to order car seats for our sitter's car. I am pretty sure I am making the best choices but I want you all to let me know if I'm making a good choice or if I should look into other options.

Okay...my kids will be with a sitter 1 or 2 days a week. My kids are 3 (35 lbs and not sure on height) and almost 15 months (about 22 pounds and not sure on height). The sitter has a 18 month old. I need narrow seats since she will need to fit 3 across in her Jeep Cherokee (newer model but not sure the year). Her dd is currently RF in a Graco (don't know the model) convertible.

I'm thinking of a Cosco scenera 40RF for my RF dd and an Evenflo Maestro for my FF ds.

What do you ladies think?

ETA - what about the onside air? It looks like the measurements are similar to the scenera. How is it to install? I haven't done any research on it.

Advertisement

Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!

Last edited by wolffie; 08-07-2011 at 10:41 PM.
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help me confirm my seat choices for sitter's car

The Scenera can be a tricky RF install often requiring noodles so if the seat is going to be moved often I would go with something that installs a little easier. BRU has a MyRide on sale right now for $99.99 and there are some 20% coupons floating around (there was supposed to be one in today's paper) which would bring the total down to $80 plus tax.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
carsonsmommy1108
Registered Users
seller

I agree on not the scenera if its going to be moved frequently, but the MR might be too wide...is it possible that you have a BRU nearby that she could meet you at to try seats out? the maestro is pretty narrow so that's probably a great choice for your FFing kiddo
carsonsmommy1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I think the MR might be too wide. I am under the impression that she doesn't plan on taking the seats out of her car often. She will be moving her dd from the middle to the side and then my ds will be in the middle of the two RF seats.
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else have any input or any thoughts on the onside air?

I was reading that both the onside air and the scenera are both made by dorel. A lot of reviews say they are basically the same seat with a different cover. Does anyone have experience with both seats?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
Anyone else have any input or any thoughts on the onside air?

I was reading that both the onside air and the scenera are both made by dorel. A lot of reviews say they are basically the same seat with a different cover. Does anyone have experience with both seats?
What you've heard is true.

Carseatblog.com recently did a review of convertible car seats for <$100, so you can read more there if you want. But, if you're thinking an onside air will be easier to install, it probably won't be.

I think your choices sound pretty good, but I agree it would be best to try to meet the babysitter (with her car and whatever seat the other child is using) somewhere to try the seats before you buy.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote