Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #31
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiGig

We went to Beckman this past Tuesday since we just spent a week in the hospital for FTT. I am not sure they even looked for an upper lip tie because now that I look my DD definitely has it. now what do I do?
Im going to try to take dd in to see an ear nose and throat or a pediatric dentist. Either should tell me what they feel is best. I know with upper lip ties, an anterior tongue tie is pretty common. I want her checked, but would like to avoid getting it clipped of possible. Because of her age i doubt they will do it now anyway. If it was caught very early on that would be different. If I were you i would have her looked at.

Advertisement

Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #32
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy

You did your best mama! How were you to know? It sucks that all those people around you never once thought to check, but its not your fault. Now you can tell others and maybe help another mama out.
Thanks mama. I know it's not my fault, but it still hurts me to think I could a done something more.
I was so sad that I failed at breastfeeding my son that when I had my daughter I was determined. When I failed again I put all the blame on myself.
I just wish I could go back knowing what I know now.
My dd is healthy and happy today, but I am still very emotional and sad knowing something went wrong and I couldn't provide breast milk for my baby:-(
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #33
Satori.lover
Registered Users

Re: Upper lip tie..

My DD had her upper frenulum clipped. She was 2 months. They gave her a slight whiff of anesthesia and clipped it, then cauterized/seared it. I was a nervous mama but it literally took a minute. She was a bit sore for one day and then completely fine after two. She nursed right after having it cut and it made a huge difference. They gave her a little stuffed bug that my sis and I named frenulum. If this is truely an issue, I recommend getting it clipped. It's not a huge procedure and it will allow baby to flip thier lip while nursing. Good luck mama
Satori.lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #34
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi Vanessa!! I looked for this thread...I'm wondering if anyone has any before and after pics of a baby nursing...DS doesn't have a good latch, he is really far out on the nipple. Thank you so much for pointing this out!!!
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #35
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally I would get it fixed my ds had a posterior tongue tie and an upper lip tie. We did get them fixed (laser vs. clipping) as not only was breastfeeding before awful but I've read they can affect dental health, teeth alignment and speech later on.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote