Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: didn't realize how hard breastfeeding really is!

Hang in there, it does get easier with practice.

A couple suggestions from what I've read of your post:

1. Maybe look into a local LLL to have some people who are bfing local to give you tips or even an LC who can help you with your latch.

2. Both my DDs were the same way with latching...they'd get so freaking excited about food that they'd be wild trying to latch..when it didn't work they'd get furious. One thing that helped me was to work on getting them latched on before they would get to the "starving" point. I'd also try and feed them while they were still half asleep so there wasn't as much fight in them.

3. As for covers - I never used a formal "nursing cover"...but I know there are a lot of great nursing covers on HC, and Target sells them as well. For us, I just used a was easier for me.

4. DON"T LOOK AT THE CLOCK!!!! The best advice anyone gave me was to quit looking at the clock. You've got a newbie...1 week old little one...they can't tell time yet. Enjoy your little one, take your time...grab a book, turn a movie on, turn a show on, watch the sun set, look at the stars...savor these moments because before long, they'll master the art of nursing and will do drive by snacks..they'll hop on your lap for 5 minutes and hop right off. When you stop watching the clock, your stress level will go down and it will become a little easier.

5. As for you have a nursery or a mom's room you could go to? FWIW, I've never met anyone who got upset with me for having my squishy newbies in church.

The first week everyone is new at this.

I am an official Adorabubble knitter and Hudson Hat knitter. I have custom spots available...Samples of my work
Join WePay and earn $10
Dolphin_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

It definality gets easier, I could only do it with my son for 3 months, but my daughter I stuck through it for a year and it got much easier. Its like acne it gets worse before better.
vada83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
Registered Users

My LO is now about 9 weeks old,almost 10 and it did get easier. We sill have our struggles on and off but it does get better. My advice, catch him/her before he gets starved! Took me awhile to figure that out. My LO also has a lot of gases and tends to get fuzzy. He also suffers from acid reflux so things have been hard... hang in there!!!
alliander is offline   Reply With Quote