Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
jessica377
Registered Users
seller

Re: I opened a can of worms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Put the little potty IN the bathtub. Problem solved.
genius!

Advertisement

jessica377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
We can pretty much reach out and touch our walls (and neighbors). The Bjorn is pretty small and it just fit in-between our toilet and pedestal sink (that was the only sink we could fit in).
The problem is there is a counter (rather pointless since it has so little space), the toilet and the bathtub. I barely have enough room for the garbage can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Put the little potty IN the bathtub. Problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica377 View Post
genius!
Jessica took the words out of my mouth.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #13
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just have one bathroom... we have 4 potties

My 2 LO's often use 2 of the potties and I let them use them in other rooms besides the bathroom.

Letting LO use the tub isn't gross. Esp. if it's just pee. Easy to just rinse off

Last edited by mel j; 08-09-2011 at 08:22 AM.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #14
R055ANA
Registered Users

We are a family of 6 and we only have ONE bathroom!!! I REALLY want another 1/2 bathroom. We do have a few potties around the house but my 10 and 9 yr olds won't use them : ) We have no plans to move out of this house and I doubt we will get a second bathroom soon.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This story is sorta off-topic, but thought you ladies would appreciate the laugh:

We are vacationing right now in a place that has beaches, ocean, and snorkeling. My son (2.5 yrs old) has never been swimming in anything other than a pool before. Yesterday we had 5 kids at the ocean and whaddaya know, son has to go potty. We are at a beach that has no facilities, so dh and I encourage him to let loose in the ocean. He yells at the top of his lungs: "I don't want to pee in the ocean! I want a toilet with a hole in it! I wanna pee on a potty!". By the time we got all the kids out of the water, collected our stuff, walked back to the car, he decided that going next to the car was just fine. D'oh!
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #16
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleesh_Mom View Post
This story is sorta off-topic, but thought you ladies would appreciate the laugh:

We are vacationing right now in a place that has beaches, ocean, and snorkeling. My son (2.5 yrs old) has never been swimming in anything other than a pool before. Yesterday we had 5 kids at the ocean and whaddaya know, son has to go potty. We are at a beach that has no facilities, so dh and I encourage him to let loose in the ocean. He yells at the top of his lungs: "I don't want to pee in the ocean! I want a toilet with a hole in it! I wanna pee on a potty!". By the time we got all the kids out of the water, collected our stuff, walked back to the car, he decided that going next to the car was just fine. D'oh!

OP I am a "meanie" and make DD wait. Even at 3 years old. Well it actually depends on how bad I have to go. If I can hold it at all she goes first, if not she gets to try to hold it. 99% of the time from age 3 til about 5 she held it fine. From 5 since 100% of the time.
My theory is they see us going and it clicks in their brain and suddenly they have to go. Of course at that age everything is urgent so they make it seem like they will have an accident if they don't go right then. DD used to do this even 10 min after going on her own.
Even now at 8 years old she manages to have to pee when I am in the bath, even after asking her if she has to go 5 min earlier. She gets to wait though I do hurry to get out.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have 2.5 bathrooms, so 3 toilets. We still have issues with fighting over potty time! The downstairs bathroom is the favorite of both of our kids. They'll wait for that one to be unoccupied instead of going upstairs to use one of the two toilets up there. Drives my husband and I crazy! Lol
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote