Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what should I do with this milk?

I pumped yesterday morning and put it in the fridge. Pumped again this morning and put it in the fridge. I got a total of 2oz each time. They were in seperate containers. A friend came over today to watch my boys while I went for a bike ride. She put some milk from one of the containers into a bottle but DS didn't want it. So, it's in the bottle (breastflow) in the fridge. Can I mix with the other milk and freeze it? Should I just keep it in the fridge and see if he'll take it tonight. I just don't think he was hungry at the time she offered it, but I do think he's not happy with the source. He's only had a few bottles. The first 2 he took just fine but it was awhile before an opportunity came up for him to need another one so I guess he just wants to refuse it. No biggie, as it's rare he's away from me, but DH would like a back up for the weekends when we trade off and go for bike rides. I would be able to go longer than just an hour if he would take a bottle.

Anyway, I guess that got a little long. Back to my original question. What should I do with the milk?

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
TaraB
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: what should I do with this milk?

Do you know if he drank any of the bottle attempted? If so I would be less likely to freeze that portion but freeze the other half. Save the started bottle in the frig for today or tomorrow.
Tara~Married to my wonderful DH and mama to my DS#1 4 years old and DS#2 2 years old
TaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't think he drank any of it. I'll just save it and let DH try to give it to him tonight and freeze the other container. I wonder if the more we offer the more likely he might be willing to take it?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

That is what I would do too.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
poppan
Registered Users
seller

Me three--I would freeze only the untouched one. It took us a while to get DS to take a bottle. One thing that really helped us was trying before he got hungry. He seemed to be more willing to experiment when he was happy.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

I agree with the others. Don't freeze it if he tried to eat it.

As for taking the bottle, I had my DH give my LO a small bottle (1-2 oz) about 2-3x per week until I went back to work, just to stay used to it. With my first, she took a bottle fine the first few times, and then we didn't try again for a few weeks, and then she would never take it again.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We tried to give him the bottle again last night and I was out of the room but I knew the moment DH presented it... I heard the scream! I experimented with me giving him the bottle and he almost took it! But that wouldn't help me at all! I just had to dump the milk.

We might try again tonight with a different bottle. I have some dr brown ones I used with the other kids. I'm not worried about confusion at this point with him being 4.5 months.

I'd be really happy if he would take it so I could get a little more free time on the weekends!