Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
sheenashine's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,317
My Mood:
MMC- how long is safe to wait??

So I posted something similar on FF, but I thought being a more "crunchy" group here I might get more answers...

My baby quit growing at 6w1d, right now I'm somewhere in week 10. My MW said she will give me until the 18th of this month before she starts pushing the misoprostol or a D&C. My home birth MW said it's safe to wait even longer (but she didn't give me an exact timeline)- she also gave me a list of herbs to help move things along- but I am hesitant to use them, though less hesitant than the other options.
Sigh, I'm probably making this more difficult than it needs to be. The bottom line is I really DON'T want to take the misoprostol OR have a D&C- I am OK waiting, even if it takes 2-3 more weeks... but I am unsure as to how long is safe and when I should stop simply waiting and start trying to get things moving.
I have googled all over the place but can't find any information on this :/ Does anyone know how long is safe to wait???


ETA: I *finally* started my MC yesterday. So far it's been just fine, like any normal period... We'll see what the next few days bring.
I'm glad I didn't have to resort to the misoprostol or (*shudder*) D&C... I am WAY to much of a sissy to deal with that.
Thanks again, mamas for all your input and support.
Sheena, SAHM to: PaigyPrincess, AddyBoo, RubyJane, And Mr.Nolan

Last edited by sheenashine; 08-23-2011 at 11:29 AM.
sheenashine is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.