Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: outgrew infant, looking for convertible recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
we have a true fit and a RR55 for my 1yr old. I think they are both great seats and she is comfortable in both of them. I like the harness better on the true fit...its easier to adjust. Both seats were really easy to install. both seats fit great in my honda civic and my pilot
See, I HATE the continuous harness on the True Fit and find the RA55 harness to be so, so easy to adjust. I think it is really an individual thing and you kind of have to play with them a bit to see which you like.

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
My DD is fairly small. She is 17lbs, 14 months and about 26 inches tall. I fear that she will outgrow any seat by height before weight. We are trying to decide between these 2 seats, considering one is cheaper too. I am only concerned with rfing limits right now. When she turns around we will be able to get another seat if needed. So I am not needing one to go to 70lbs! I am really just concerned about height rfing and how each seat fits in the car. We tried the 70 in our car and it fits nicely. But we haven't tried the roundabout yet. So if they are the same basic shell, it should fit good in our car and rfing height would be about the same with either....right?
If I were you I would go with the RA55. I have a BV70 and a RA55, and I love them both and they are VERY similar! The shells are exactly the same, and they install and the harness adjusts the same way. The padding is also comparable. Your DD is small and will be ready for a FFing only seat/HBB by 55lbs most likely, and I presume that she will be the only one riding in it (so you won't be changing the harness height frequently). I sort of wish I save the $100 and bought 2 RA55!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
My DD is fairly small. She is 17lbs, 14 months and about 26 inches tall. I fear that she will outgrow any seat by height before weight. We are trying to decide between these 2 seats, considering one is cheaper too. I am only concerned with rfing limits right now. When she turns around we will be able to get another seat if needed. So I am not needing one to go to 70lbs! I am really just concerned about height rfing and how each seat fits in the car. We tried the 70 in our car and it fits nicely. But we haven't tried the roundabout yet. So if they are the same basic shell, it should fit good in our car and rfing height would be about the same with either....right?
Try out the TrueFits, too. I them for long skinny kids, and they're great for front to back space.

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #14
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm on the same boat. Thanks for posting this. My DS was 19 lb and 27" month and a half ago so yay.

Have you looked at the Recaro Proride? Looks nice.

Sent from my HTC HD...my phone is to thank for typos.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
Best Green Things
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

4 out of 5 of our seats are britax, we have 2 Decathlon (don't think they make it anymore) the Roundabout and the frontier for our 3 yo. Love all of them! You can't go wrong with Britax. You asked for less room front to back, but remember that gives LO less room rear facing. One of our goals is to keep them rear facing as long as possible, our 3 yo is still rear facing in a combi that rotates from backwards facing to forwards facing. Forget what it's called, but it has served that purpose nicely.

Boutique Service. Warehouse Prices. Best Green Things.
The best diapers, baby carriers, bags and other essentials! Now selling pre-loved diapers too.
http://www.facebook.com/bestgreenthings
Best Green Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersmom13 View Post
So 9 month old DS is about an inch short of the height limit on his snugride (still only weighs 18 lbs, string bean). I need good recommendations for a convertible seat, or tell what seat sucks so i can avoid it. Ive been looking at the graco myride 65 and it seems good. Also which britax is best for 9month old to 3/4 yrs old? Thanks so much!
I have a marathon70 and 2 myride 65. I love the marathon it's our go to seat very sturdy easy to adjust height and install. Does have to be tethered rearfacing, my car doesn't have floor latches so we tethered it to the drivers seat base. We have the myride for sitter and DH car, both only drive less than 15 miles with ds. Easier to install and doesn't require tether rearfacing good and bad I guess. My biggest issue is the how confusing it is to adjust the straps on the myride-PIMA! Both are good seats but I LOVE my cowmoo flage marathon!

Albee baby- marathon70 209.99 shipped
BRU- MyRide 128.00 pick up with 20%off coupon: without coupon 159.99 cheaper at walmart 129.99

Honestly after looking and researching and asking others it seems to me that the MyRide65 and the Roundabout55 (same price at BRU) are about the same and the step up is the Marathon and Boulevard which basically have (easier-for some) non threading straps...correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524

Last edited by NappyChappy; 08-02-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: ADDED
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

No seat available in the US requires rear facing tethering. There are very few cars out there that have anchors for rear facing tethering which is why the seats that allow it (Radians and Britax seats and soon to be Coccoros) come with a D-ring to make a tethering point.

The Roundabout is the base model Britax convertible. A PP mentioned the Recaro ProRide and while it is a very nice seat it does not have very much leg room when rear facing much like the Britax convertibles. We have a Recaro Como which is very similar to the ProRide. The lack of leg room is not an issue for us yet but I can see it being an issue in the future. It's also a monster of a seat, it's wide and it sits up on a base making it very tall. It is difficult to install in my mom's Lexus RX 330 but very easy to install in DH's Pontiac G8.

I find the True Fit to be extremely easy to install. It has very high top slots so it will get most kids to booster maturity. My DNi who is 5 and tall for her age with a long torso still fits in a True Fit with a little room to spare. The True Fit is wide so if you have to fit seats next to each other that is something to be aware of.

DS rides in a Radian 65SL in my car. I have a Jeep Liberty and the Radian installs very easily in Jeeps. If you are looking for a seat that will rear face the absolute longest the Radian is the way to go and if you keep an eye on www.strollers.com they sometimes have open box clearance for very cheap. I paid $92 shipped for DS' Radian.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #18
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

Another vote for True Fit Premier. They are perfect for tall, thin kiddos. My DD who will be 5yo next month still fits rear-facing. They really have TONS of booty and leg room for taller kiddos, and a nice tall shell. Much more roomy than our Britax Boulevard.

I actually bought the TFP for the new baby and when DD tried it out she REFUSED to go back to her Britax Shannon (which she previously loved!) because it felt "too squishy" compared to the TFP. So yeah, I had to buy a second TFP so she could have one too.

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote