Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
cosleeping/room sharing arrangements for 2 under 2?

We currently roomshare/co-sleep with our 18 month old as she wants to (makes for more sleep for everyone ) and we were thinking of buying her a toddler bed for our room and using her pack n play for the new baby in november

curious..what are your arrangements? one in bed one in their own both in own bed, cosleep with both (would like to do this but bed seems too small already sometimes lol)

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: cosleeping/room sharing arrangements for 2 under 2?

DD was 18 months when DS was born. We had a tall king size bed already and added a sidecar of a shorter double bed that fit between the king and the wall. We started having me lay in the double during the last few weeks before I delivered to get DD used to snuggling with Daddy instead of Mama. Then me and DS continued sleeping in the double for a few months until DD was ready to sleep w/out a snuggle buddy.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had DS2 when DD was 14.75 months old. We coslept with both of them in a queen sized bed (we aren't big people) until it just got to be too much with DD wanting to sleep sideways and kicking us. So we moved her to her crib in our room at 18 months. She moved to her room around 22 months (Daddy bought her a canopy Tinkerbell toddler bed she fell in love with) and we side carred the crib a couple of months later when DS2 became mobile.

I will admit that the transition from co-sleeping to crib was about 3 days of us dealing with an unhappy toddler. Finally one night I just laid her back down in her crib and told her it was sleep time instead of picking her up. She tried to get up a few times and I just laid her back down. Then she gave up the argument, cried like her heart was broken (I was right there in the room with her), and went to sleep. She has been an AWESOME sleeper ever since.

Last edited by mcpforever; 08-11-2011 at 06:16 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Kid 4 was born when kid 3 was 19 months old...we coslept with both in our king bed. Then when they were 3 & 4 years old, we moved them to their own queen sized bed together in a different room.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

We transitioned DD to a toddler bed in our room when she was about 2 when I was pregnant with DS. We have a queen bed and didn't think it would be big enough for the 4 of us. When he came, we co-slept with him and DD came back in our bed some but actually transitioned to her own room a few months later (her choice).
Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

We had both of ours in our bed for around a month (they're 15 months apart) before I told my husband we had to get her a toddler bed. We put it at the foot of our bed and we laid her in it when after she fell asleep in our bed. It also gave her a way into our bed (it's tall) so added benefit.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
We had both of ours in our bed for around a month (they're 15 months apart) before I told my husband we had to get her a toddler bed. We put it at the foot of our bed and we laid her in it when after she fell asleep in our bed. It also gave her a way into our bed (it's tall) so added benefit.
This is actually like it came from my head as my idea LOL