Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Taking cded and bfed 4 month old on 4 day weekend trip to beach - what to bring??

This week dh has surprised me with a vacation. Now I have 1 day to pack my 4 month old son for this trip. I am quick to admit that I have no clue how to pack for a trip with a 4mo old. This is our first child. It should take us 3hrs to drive to the place and we will have a hotel room and expect to bring him in the water at some point as he has shown much success and happiness during bathtime with daddy. For swim/beach/pool I have 2 swim outfits and 3 swim diapers. What else should I bring for this trip? He is breastfed and we dont use bottles but I may want to pump just in case and perhaps use a sippy cup or something... But probably not. Any and all suggestions appreciated I am starting from scratch without a clue lol. Thanks mamas and papas eep - forgot to add we cd fulltime

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
rkw
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Taking cded and bfed 4 month old on 4 day weekend trip to beach - what to bring??

We went to the beach twice this year but my son is 23 months and bottle fed. It is also good that you don't have a long drive. Our drive should have been 10 hours but with all the stops it was 14hrs. I bet he sleeps most of the way so he would not needed entertained like my son did. We are getting a dvd player good for car rides for next time because as they get older long car drives are not fun. We made sure to bring a sling, pack and play, toys, sunscreen(not sure what is good for a 4 month old), hat, sunglasses, took too many clothes and too many cd(don't forget the wetbag). When we did the cd I loved using prefolds and covers because they were easy to wash and dry. We had a washer and dryer in the unit which was great. Just take the diapers you normally use because if you try something new you could have leaks which would just cause more agrivation. Have fun and enjoy.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Taking cded and bfed 4 month old on 4 day weekend trip to beach - what to bring??

take the diapers you normally use because if you try something new you could have leaks which would just cause more agrivation

Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way!

Honestly, you don't need much. Enough clothes and diapers for 4 days. Blankets or burp rags are multi purpose items (like as an extra changing pad or a sun shade over the stroller). A stroller or carrier is a handy item. I would consider one or the other a necessity, but some wouldn't. An umbrella or some other way to keep the baby in the shade at the beach. Sunscreen, diaper rash cream, tylenol, soap to wash the baby if you plan to bathe him.

Over the years, I find that the less I pack, the less stressed I am. Babies that age really only need clothing, food, and a safe place to sleep. And you just might discover how resourceful you can be. McGyver-like!

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
seacat
Registered Users
seller

What a wonderful age to travel at. You don't need much. Will you have access to a washer and dryer or do you have enough CD to go that long? I agree with pp that prefolds and covers are best for travel. Other than diapers, a baby carrier/stroller, blankets and you've got the food covered. I always bring a pump just in case. We've got one of those pop up travel cribs which is wonderful to have a safe place to put the baby, but not really necessary. Have fun!
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the great suggestions mamas
Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
katieq22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We had a beach house last month for 2 weeks and my son was 5months and ebf & cd. The house had a washing machine/dryer so the cd were all set. For the beach I brought one of the little mini umbrellas that you can attach to a chair or his stroller and I also brought my carriage. If you have a jogging stroller that works better in sand but I didn't have far to walk on the sand so I just pulled it facing backwards. I also brought this SPF 30 cotton blanket to put over him when he was sitting. I didn't use swim diapers because at the beach I didn't take him down to the water much but I used prefolds/cover and changed him when we were done. I tried to bring a bottle but it sent work out well, lol. I ended up just nursing him with a towel over me and you couldn't tell. Make sure you bring him a hat, too. I get a little OCD about the sun if you can't already tell
katieq22 is offline   Reply With Quote