Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
NiftyB
Registered Users
seller

Possible switch to non-stay-dry: will LO get rash?

I am looking for a new diaper...have tried a bunch...and looking to sell my FB OS due to leaks.

I am trying a GroVia AIO and have BottomBumpers and GroVia shells OTW. Am thinking of trying prefolds, trifolded, in the GroVia shells just for when we're at home, rather than spending a ton of money on the pricey GroVia snap-in liners (I'd just get a few, for out-and-about). From what I've read, these options are all said to be trim, narrow in the crotch and potentially good for slender babies so that's why I've chosen to try them. I'm also interested in the GroVias for use when traveling. Either way...none of these possibilities are stay-dry, as my DD is used to with the FB.

Will she end up getting a rash? When she was born and for the first 6 weeks, we used Kissaluvs size 0's inside Thirsties covers and didn't have any problems with rash. I did like how the FB kept her dry, though, and was anxious to get her into those and out of the Kissaluvs.

What do you think? I never thought I would entertain the possibility of prefolds, but for kicking around at home they seem like they might be okay, as long as the GroVia shell fits well. Am really just worried about whether DD will get rashy. She does seem to have sensitive skin and some eczema in other places on her body.

Advertisement

NiftyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
ClothDiaperFashionista
Registered Users
Formerly: azzmeg
seller

My Mood:
Re: Possible switch to non-stay-dry: will LO get rash?

I guess it depends on how sensative your LO's skin is. I think my DS1 got one or two rashes in 2 years of cloth diapering and we used Bottombumpers and Dream-eze alot. DS2 is 4 months and no rash yet. We use a lot of prefolds on him.
ClothDiaperFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not necessarily. DS is in a stay dry diaper about 2 changes out of the day and he doesn't get a rash. If anything, his skin does better in natural fibers in this heat than suede cloth or fleece. If she does spike a rash, you can always lay a fleece liner for a barrier.
hampyfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
alisonh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ds has eczema and gets it in the diaper area, I have found that it doesnt matter if it is a stay dry, changing often and keeping coverless or fleece is best. My favorite diapers are goodmamma fitteds and grovia aios right now and neither is a stay dry. HTH
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
bakerbottoms
Registered Users
seller

Ive gone from Flip, to Fuzzi Bunz, to Charlie Banana, to fitteds & now I'm going old school with flats or prefold with covers. So far this has been my most favorite. My ds has very sensitive skin & it's doesnt bother him. At nap or at night I put a fleece liner & some times when we are going to be out & about. I just tried Grovia on him & I'm in love but he is 20 months old & I'm not about to get a whole new stash right before potty learning. He is very tall with a tiny waist & hips but chunky thighs & they fit him prefect. Grovia is very trim! but so is a cover with a flat.
bakerbottoms is offline   Reply With Quote