Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #21
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dear Simplex, I know it was only the first date....

So, what's the difference between these and the Blueberry Basix?? I have 2 Basix that I'll be trying out this weekend. I know they're made by the same company, so fit should be similar...but what's the major difference??

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
tricia17lee
Registered Users
seller

I recently got a simplex 2.0 after wanting to try one for months. After a handful of uses I love them.
That being said, I agree with the OP that when I first saw them I was not impressed. The shape was weird (they don't lay flat) and they are the narrowest diaper I have ever seen! Given how narrow they are and the lack of any real gusset I was worried about how it would contain a mess. Looking at this diaper it seems too thin to last more than an hour. Of course the first time I put it on her she had a giant poo- but didn't leak! She was in one yesterday while we shopped, ate out, and when I went to change her before our long drive home... mama realized we were out of clean diapers. Eek. She wore it at least 5 hours without a leak. That was with running, playing, lots of drinking and eating, and a ride in the car where she fell asleep and woke up twice (a heavy wetting time for her). I'm sold.

DD is on the petite side. At 18 months she is just barely 24lbs and 30.5in tall. She has a small bum and hips, average to small thighs. She is definitely not skinny, but not chubby either. I'd describe her as petite but 'solid'. I got the large and she fits perfectly on the smallest setting. I was afraid to get the medium and not get much use out of it and I am really happy I went with the large. She will definitely use it until potty trained. Even at the smallest size for this diapers weight range it is really trim and under clothes I'd say is the closest to a disposable of any CD I've ever tried.
tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_brooke View Post
So, what's the difference between these and the Blueberry Basix?? I have 2 Basix that I'll be trying out this weekend. I know they're made by the same company, so fit should be similar...but what's the major difference??
I believe the biggest difference is the inner fabric. The SB Simplex are birdseye inners, and the BB Basix are microfleece. I myself can only use natural fibers so it has to be SB's for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia17lee View Post
I agree with the OP that when I first saw them I was not impressed. The shape was weird (they don't lay flat) and they are the narrowest diaper I have ever seen! Given how narrow they are and the lack of any real gusset I was worried about how it would contain a mess.

DD is on the petite side. At 18 months she is just barely 24lbs and 30.5in tall. She has a small bum and hips, average to small thighs. She is definitely not skinny, but not chubby either. I'd describe her as petite but 'solid'. I got the large and she fits perfectly on the smallest setting. I was afraid to get the medium and not get much use out of it and I am really happy I went with the large. She will definitely use it until potty trained. Even at the smallest size for this diapers weight range it is really trim and under clothes I'd say is the closest to a disposable of any CD I've ever tried.
I totally agree! When I saw this diaper I thought "wow this is thin, how can it possibly hold anything?" But wow can it hold some pee and a poop as well! I love love them. I have 3 newer ones in the mail and cannot wait to try them. My only issue? I wish they had some more girly prints. #2 problem, is that they are sized and will need to be upsized later. That being said I'd rather have a bulletproof diaper and sell them for upsizing later.

These are the dipes I reach for all the time now, over my GroVia AIO's and NB's.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #24
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay!! I'm glad you found something good! I know you were bummed selling your old stash. Yeah to trim fluff
Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #25
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housefullofgirls View Post
Yay!! I'm glad you found something good! I know you were bummed selling your old stash. Yeah to trim fluff
Aww, yeah it's crazy I still have stuff I couldn't/wouldn't part with. Ie: Blueberry Minky's Even my Osocozy AIO's aren't fitting dd. Now they are large and gappy, ugh growing spurts stink. Now I have to wonder keep/this/wait till this fits again? Hmmm.... If I get the pp I may just get a new Mutt too