Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
14 month old not taking bm via sippy @ sitter

Title says it all. What should I do? He is still nursing at night and when I get home but he won't take the milk at the sitter. I am using some of it in food for him. He take water great from a sippy but no milk...? Any suggestions?

Advertisement

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 14 month old not taking bm via sippy @ sitter

-Different sippy cup style
-Open cup
-Different temperatures

Has he previously taken BM at the sitters?
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Ecdyses
Registered Users
seller

DS abruptly stopped drinking EBM from a bottle/sippy/cup/anything at 13 months. Tried for weeks to get him back on the wagon! He also refused whole cows milk. Pedi told me that as long as he was nursing a few times a day (he nursed morning, after work, evening, and at least twice at night) it was no big deal.

My daycare was unhappy with this ---- they seemed to worry about him only drinking water. We finally got him to drink plain almond milk at daycare.

It sucked because I was still pumping a ton at work. But he was basically done with EBM. If it wasn't coming straight from the tap, he wasn't interested! Maybe your LO is the same?
Ecdyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecdyses View Post
DS abruptly stopped drinking EBM from a bottle/sippy/cup/anything at 13 months. Tried for weeks to get him back on the wagon! He also refused whole cows milk. Pedi told me that as long as he was nursing a few times a day (he nursed morning, after work, evening, and at least twice at night) it was no big deal.

My daycare was unhappy with this ---- they seemed to worry about him only drinking water. We finally got him to drink plain almond milk at daycare.

It sucked because I was still pumping a ton at work. But he was basically done with EBM. If it wasn't coming straight from the tap, he wasn't interested! Maybe your LO is the same?
Same exact situation! I have tried 3 different sippy cups and he just spills it when its in a regular cup. I am considering trying a bottle it would also help getting him to sleep even though he is going down easy. He took a bottle at the sitter when he was younger but I quit my job and have been home for 8 months- now he is back to a sitter. She did try warming it slightly and still he didn't want it. He spits out cows milk and will only drink water.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote