Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Every baby is different. My 12 weeker had a very similar schedule to yours, and just last night slept from about 10-4:30!! It might not be an every night occurence but I'll take it! Prior to last night, she went down for the night around 930, and up every 3-4 hrs since then until 6 or 7. When we cosleep, I notice she doesn't sleep as well and is up every 2 hours (but doesn't want to nurse, which was weird). When I put her in the packnplay next to our bed, she sleeps so much better and doesn't stir as much.

I have to tell myself there is no "normal" time to expect STTN (which is technically only 5hrs straight anyhow). When I hear of babies sleeping all night since early on, I have to really remind myself DD will when she is ready!!

Advertisement

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sleep Questionn! Mommas please respond!!

Here is some info that I found helpful, when the questions about STTN came up.

http://www.kathydettwyler.org/detsleepthrough.html

http://kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

Like a PP said, at around 4 months, its normal for babies to go through "sleep regression" which is sorta a phase/growth spurt rolled into one. Many babies will wake more at that time. Some will go back to old patterns after a few weeks, some won't.

Also, side-lying really helps with BFing at night. If you don't already do this, find someone who can help you learn how, or look it up in a good book. I'd recommend the womanly art of breastfeeding - HERE is a list of great BFing books.

Co-bedding also really helps, or at least Co-sleeping (same room) which helps babies sleep better since they are near mom & that is comforting.

Also, just FYI, a lot of babies do sleep regression again around 7 months due to "separation anxiety". They want to be near mom even more.

Remember, this is just a short time. Your baby will grow and change and before you know it, they'll be off to college!

GL!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

It sounds like your baby is sleeping great for her age. She might stay with that schedule for a long time (a year or more). She might start sleeping longer, or she might even regress. You just don't know. I would urge you to just accept the schedule you have now and not try to push her to sleep longer (it sounds like you aren't trying to push her, since you don't want to do cereal, which has been proven not to work anyway BTW). I'm not telling you this to scare you, just to help you! I wish I would have accepted this with my DD. Instead I tried to make her STTN and my supply suffered severely Oh well I will know better next time.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #14
litlckrets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My older son was exclusively breastfed and started sleeping through the night at 3 months. It was awesome.

My younger son is 5 months old and I am not sure he will ever sleep through the night, LOL. Sometimes I get *lucky* and he sleeps 4 hours straight, but lately he's been waking every 2 hours to nurse.

All that to say every baby is different
Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
kanga1622
Registered Users

I would love a schedule like that. DS is 17 months and still gets up to eat at least 3 times during the night.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
kanga1622
Registered Users

I should also add that his "night" is 9-5 and we've about fallen over from shock the handful of times he slept 4 hours in a row.