Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

Re: Supplementers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKikow View Post
My husbands support is not pressure, but at times I think he really can't understand because afterall he's a MAN.lol.
Lol! Glad to hear it. It is so good to have someone close who can be an advocate and cheerleader!

Quote:
Another pointer: any mom with hypoplasia can never fully breastfeed without supplementing. (If they can, it was probably a not worked up supply that needed help. Get the difference?)
I think I do. Strangely it doesn't bother me too much not be fully supplying my child's food. Eventually they will be eating without me anyway. It just seems important to me to have Bfing be a part of their experience and a connection to me that they have with no other person. I read an amazing essay about nursing recently. My favorite part:

"We breastfeed in silence. We breastfeed in dialogue. We breastfeed asleep. We breastfeed in a chair at the end of the day until all the light is gone from the room. I hold him, knowing, wistfully, that he will never remember this. But somehow, I feel in my intuitive heart that this will have helped shape his perceptions of himself and me, and give him some kind of internal compass that leads him along a path that is always lit even if it's dark." (Lu Hanessian, Englewood NJ USA, From: NEW BEGINNINGS, Vol. 21 No. 1, January-February 2004, pp. 4)

Quote:
Oh and get yourself a good LC that can help you/guide you with the sns. I don't know how I would make it without..
I hear you there!

Advertisement

Zoethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoethink

"We breastfeed in silence. We breastfeed in dialogue. We breastfeed asleep. We breastfeed in a chair at the end of the day until all the light is gone from the room. I hold him, knowing, wistfully, that he will never remember this. But somehow, I feel in my intuitive heart that this will have helped shape his perceptions of himself and me, and give him some kind of internal compass that leads him along a path that is always lit even if it's dark." (Lu Hanessian, Englewood NJ USA, From: NEW BEGINNINGS, Vol. 21 No. 1, January-February 2004, pp. 4)
Wow, that is beautiful! (Nak- isn't that fitting?)
aept is offline   Reply With Quote