Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #11
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: morning sickness?

I get morning sickness with every pregnancy so far it seems. I usually get it around 6 weeks but this time it started at 4.

I am sick in the morning, feel better around lunch, and then sick in the afternoon, early evening, little break in the evening and then sick at night. I have never thrown up though. (knock on wood) I just FEEL like I am going to almost all day except for breaks.

I did just discover an amazing thing though. I read about it on another DDC board here.

Lemonade really helps! It helps me anyway. I am not sure what the miracle properties are but Simply Lemonade enabled me to get off the couch where I was feeling super sick and actually make dinner. The effects seem to last about 10 minutes and then I need to drink more but 10 minutes is super helpful when it comes to m/s.

Hope that helps somebody!

Advertisement

ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I get morning sickness with every pregnancy so far it seems. I usually get it around 6 weeks but this time it started at 4.

I am sick in the morning, feel better around lunch, and then sick in the afternoon, early evening, little break in the evening and then sick at night. I have never thrown up though. (knock on wood) I just FEEL like I am going to almost all day except for breaks.

I did just discover an amazing thing though. I read about it on another DDC board here.

Lemonade really helps! It helps me anyway. I am not sure what the miracle properties are but Simply Lemonade enabled me to get off the couch where I was feeling super sick and actually make dinner. The effects seem to last about 10 minutes and then I need to drink more but 10 minutes is super helpful when it comes to m/s.

Thanks for that, I may have to buy some tomorrow when at the store!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
Madame Medina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post

* Hijack * You just made me think of when I was little and my grandma always said Lemonade and Oreos is the cure for everything. Haha I miss her terribly she would've been so happy to be a great grandma. * Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.*
Madame Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

The past few days I have had that yucky feeling and certain smells just make me want to I used lemonade when I was having bad m/s with DS. I need to replenish our fridge with it. DH and DD just polished the last of it off here.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lemonade helps because it is alkalizing and gently detoxifying If you just get lemons and squeeze some into your water, like what people do at restaurants, it will alkalize the water and your kiddos probably won't be hijacking all the lemons like the lemonade!

Reason for ms is that the placenta is sucking up a lot of mamas alkaline minerals, which makes us acidic because that buffer is going to baby. Also if we don't replenish those alkaline minerals, the body takes calcium from the body which is why bone and teeth problems are common during pregnancy.

I find that green drinks (grass powders) also help and I'll add some lemon to that. It's alkalizing and has alkalizing minerals that both mama and baby need.

Usually by now I have light nausea, like an unsettled stomach. Maybe that means it's a boy ?!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #16
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellySnow View Post
Lemonade helps because it is alkalizing and gently detoxifying If you just get lemons and squeeze some into your water, like what people do at restaurants, it will alkalize the water and your kiddos probably won't be hijacking all the lemons like the lemonade!

Reason for ms is that the placenta is sucking up a lot of mamas alkaline minerals, which makes us acidic because that buffer is going to baby. Also if we don't replenish those alkaline minerals, the body takes calcium from the body which is why bone and teeth problems are common during pregnancy.

I find that green drinks (grass powders) also help and I'll add some lemon to that. It's alkalizing and has alkalizing minerals that both mama and baby need.

Usually by now I have light nausea, like an unsettled stomach. Maybe that means it's a boy ?!
Wow, this is interesting. I didn't have morning sickness with my son, I do remember feeling sick if I didn't eat soon enough, but this is a different experience right now. Maybe you are having a boy!

I've read that drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea helps, I've been drinking a couple cups a day so far and it seems to help. I hear you can drink up to 4 cups. I will have to try lemonade or something like that. I was thinking of getting those sea sick bands if this gets worse.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I've read that drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea helps, I've been drinking a couple cups a day so far and it seems to help. I hear you can drink up to 4 cups. I will have to try lemonade or something like that. I was thinking of getting those sea sick bands if this gets worse.
Red Rasp Leaf is another great way to balance the alkaline/acidic, this can also help balance the alkaline/acidic in vagina and help with conception. HOWEVER...

My midwife has told me to stay away from Red Rasp Leaf until later in the pregnancy as if you are border line mc it can push it over as it tones the uterus (contractions) and not something you want during 1st tri. I was pretty shocked as I thought it's good all the time but thought I'd mention it as there are some mamas here that have had losses. It doesn't cause mc, like I said it can push it over. Personally, I'm holding off until 3rd tri since I mc'd last month and rather not take the risk.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #18
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Red Rasp Leaf is another great way to balance the alkaline/acidic, this can also help balance the alkaline/acidic in vagina and help with conception. HOWEVER...

My midwife has told me to stay away from Red Rasp Leaf until later in the pregnancy as if you are border line mc it can push it over as it tones the uterus (contractions) and not something you want during 1st tri. I was pretty shocked as I thought it's good all the time but thought I'd mention it as there are some mamas here that have had losses. It doesn't cause mc, like I said it can push it over. Personally, I'm holding off until 3rd tri since I mc'd last month and rather not take the risk.
Wow, thanks. I've heard the opposite, but I'll stop then. I'll be buying some ginger root here shortly to make a tea with. I'll most likely start drinking it again come second trimester!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
Jenbug888
Registered Users

I've heard others say lemon helps and will have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
I'm a little bit confused. Lemon juice is very acidic, not alkaline. I am not trying to be contrary at all (!) just wondering if there is another reason why it helps with m/s? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding?
Jenbug888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #20
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbug888 View Post
I've heard others say lemon helps and will have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip!

I'm a little bit confused. Lemon juice is very acidic, not alkaline. I am not trying to be contrary at all (!) just wondering if there is another reason why it helps with m/s? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding?
You're correct! Lemon is acidic however it leaves an alkaline ash (residue) when digested, so it has an alkalizing effect on the body.

Here's a good list to see alkalizing and acidifying foods, you can see lemon is #1....
http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

I don't want to get into the science of it because I don't want to confuse you more, just google "lemons alkalize" and you'll find all kinds of info on it

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12